Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

September 14 AutoX Event

Old 09-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd post a video of my oopsys, but I have some gaming to do and Cox communication loves to throttle my connection speeds.. . blah.

Great day though guys. I'm glad to announce that my cars cooling system can do without a mechanical fan driven by an engine pulley and I can just run my upgraded cooling system as is. big radiator, high flow water pump, lower thermostat and lower auxiliary (AC) fan switch. was sort of a test day. datalogged some runs with Torque Pro.

I have no idea when they will run this course again but yall should come out to the next event anyways ;-) if you are not out of town or going on the cruise. two months from now, the weather will be perfect!!!
Old 09-14-2014, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Holy balls batman that was fun!! It has been way too long since I last raced this car and WOW. Car was unreal today and felt amazing!! Went through some tire pressure adjustments and also had to soften the rear rebound and compression settings to get better grip. Car had zero understeer but had a decent amount of oversteer until I made the shock changes and also settled down and stopped over driving. I also had to give the tires time to come up to temp.

I will def be out doing a few more of these. Madhav was kind enough to grab my camera and take some pics for us, so I will post those in a few days.

For now, here is my fastest run of the day. I had a quicker run but hit two cones The car def has a couple more seconds in her, I just need more seat time!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJrROivUXU&index=1&list=UU6i5g71HI9mhpE9y Hyh7yAg[/media]

great driving! I was impressed how quick you were. you will be able to be competitive locally in STR if you keep coming out.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:04 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks like my fastest lap on the GoPro didn't video. I don't know what the hell happened. I was looking forward to watching and learning from my mistakes. That sucks. Oh well such is life sometimes. At least I put a decent time down.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Holy balls batman that was fun!!
That looks like good times! You so very fast yaah.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:44 AM

Received 192 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by berny2435
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1410730961' post='23330585
Holy balls batman that was fun!! It has been way too long since I last raced this car and WOW. Car was unreal today and felt amazing!! Went through some tire pressure adjustments and also had to soften the rear rebound and compression settings to get better grip. Car had zero understeer but had a decent amount of oversteer until I made the shock changes and also settled down and stopped over driving. I also had to give the tires time to come up to temp.

I will def be out doing a few more of these. Madhav was kind enough to grab my camera and take some pics for us, so I will post those in a few days.

For now, here is my fastest run of the day. I had a quicker run but hit two cones The car def has a couple more seconds in her, I just need more seat time!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJrROivUXU&index=1&list=UU6i5g71HI9mhpE9y Hyh7yAg[/media]

great driving! I was impressed how quick you were. you will be able to be competitive locally in STR if you keep coming out.
Thank you! I still over drove and was not nearly smooth enough, but not bad for essentially my first time. I think I am going to try to get out and door more of these. The car is setup so perfectly right now it is a waste to not use it.

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Looks like my fastest lap on the GoPro didn't video. I don't know what the hell happened. I was looking forward to watching and learning from my mistakes. That sucks. Oh well such is life sometimes. At least I put a decent time down.
That is a bummer. This means we need to setup another event and do this again soon. I had a great time, thanks again for setting it up.

Originally Posted by Boofster
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1410730961' post='23330585
Holy balls batman that was fun!!
That looks like good times! You so very fast yaah.
It was fun! Maybe someday you can come out and run with us
Old 09-15-2014, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Feezy
You spun at the exact same spot that I did.
When I watch my video of the spin I drove the car really deep and hard into the corner, no wonder I spun lol. At least I can finally check that off my list of things to do with this car

yeeehaaaw!
I'm not sure the scoreboard dude wrote the time down correctly for one of my competition runs. One might have been a 48.0X that 49 had a mistake towards the end slalom. 55

only did a 48.4 in time only fun runs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-h...ature=youtu.be
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-hUpQi17M&feature=youtu.be[/media]
Good runs, I can see we ran quite a bit different lines (I will have to try staying tighter in a few corners like you). I am looking forward to running this course again in the future to see what I can do with a little more practice.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:14 AM

Official Results posted here when they get around to it. The normal scoring guy wasn't there so it may be a day or two.

http://www.azsolo.com/backup/index.p...s-info/results

key spots to lineup were

1.) Being able to go ballz out through the first two corners - a deceivingly fast section if you turn in hard and late.
2.) ballz out lefty sweeper and more importantly, proper setup for the first slalom.
3.) proper setup for the tricky second slalom
4.) proper setup for the 3rd fast offset slalom
5.) proper left hand sweeper at the end including a lining up that high speed offset
6.) the last slalom into the finish was pretty fast when lineup up correctly which requres getting over your right and being about to sort of trail brake into. I got loose here at times. A car that sets faster, like an S2000 with good suspension, would have been eating my lunch here.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:48 AM

competition time results. I guess I did only get a 48.80 in competition runs. booo. 48.0 would have been more competitive for my prep level when looking at some other times. using street tires for a R-compound class is hurting me quite a bit though for PAX scoring. the pain of SCCA classing.. .

http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.p...e=post&id=3501
Old 09-15-2014, 07:51 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks Ryan.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:02 AM

competition time results. I guess I did only get a 48.80 in competition runs. booo. 48.0 would have been more competitive for my prep level when looking at some other times. using street tires for a R-compound class is hurting me quite a bit though for PAX scoring. the pain of SCCA classing.. .

http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.p...e=post&id=3501
Thank you for posting. I had the fastest ST class time of the day, but my PAX time puts me second. Not bad a i guess. Looking back though at the times from the last time on this course I would need to get into the 46's to win class.

How do people locally feel about sticking to the rules? My tires are 180tw which means they are not in spec for STR...I think treadwear is trivial when it comes to typical street tires (RE11A, RS3, ADO8, Rival, DZII) but not sure if people I may compete against would feel the same way.

Quick Reply: September 14 AutoX Event