Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

I'm bored. Click here if you are too...

Old 06-22-2004, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I take 1 week leave from work to 'decompress' and get some R&R and I have been awake for the past 36 hours. I'm feeling a little 'tipsy' even though I haven't had much to drink and feel extremely awake. On Monday I generally farted around (literally sometimes), went for a swim, stayed up and then went to Welcome Stranger at 4am Tuesday (pokie joint with Foxtel) to watch England trounce Croatia 4-2.

Afterwards, feeling quite good about life in general, I went to wash my car at a 24 hours DIY carwash in the city and then drove my gf to work. After copious amounts of coffee and full of non-sleep adrenalin I noticed that the sky had traces of blue, so I decided to go on my merry way to Reefton Spur. So off came the top and through Warburton, though the Reefton on course to Marysville. The road was a little damp and proceeded to get wetter as I travelled up the mountains. Halfway through I saw patches of white debris along the roadside and as I proceeded further the white debris became more abundant, at which point I realised it was snow. Some samaritan council workers must have swept the powder to the side as the road was clear and as I prodded along with a degree of caution I happened to pass by two of them. One of them was kind enough to greet me with "Look at this f#@khead!" and before too long I ended up in the quaint town of Marysville. Grabbed a juice and a sausage roll, read my Wheels magazine and was back in my steed en route back home. The road from Marysville to Healesville (Black Spur I think) was absolute heaven - no traffic, smooth tarmac, wide lanes and endless twisty bits. My jaw still hurts from smiling.

Back in Melbourne, I farted around again before waiting for my indoor cricket game in Doncaster and then went to the pub afterwards to mourn our loss (again) and downed a couple of Belgian's finest malt. At this point in time I realised I really should get some rest but a mate called and gave me an offer I couldn't resist. So off to the West and another VB (I normally don't drink this much). Logged onto my favourite site and as I scanned through all the new threads and posts I realised I had nothing worthy to contribute and Austblue's long narratives (although fine prose) started to hurt my lobes. At which point I decided to put finger to key and start my own rambling...

Thanks for listening.

(Go England!)
Old 06-22-2004, 01:48 PM

Wow Blackie, such a good post deserves a response.

Here it is
Old 06-22-2004, 04:28 PM

I want to move to Melbourne....
Old 06-22-2004, 08:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedRover
Wow Blackie, such a good post deserves a response.

Here it is
Old 06-22-2004, 08:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I concur!

But I still don't want to move to Melbourne.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:52 PM

You guys are too kind to me in my delirious state.
Well having fully rested I am ready for England v. Portugal in the 1st Qtr Final on Friday morning (is anyone following the football/soccer here?).

And although I am a proud Melburnian, our recent spate of weather has been goddamn woeful.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:04 PM

Ha ha

Melb weather sux
Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It's been beautiful here. Totally clear everyday.

Unfortunately as a result we have a serious water shortage and major restrictions.

So if you want to send some of that rain up north we wouldn't complain.

That said, there's a little something going in the mail for you tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:24 PM

Your knob! Yippee!

Our water supplies have improved somewhat in the past couple of months (quite obvious why) however our water restrictions still stand. Our state government have been spending a lot money on saving water campaigns so it appears they want us to change our wasteful ways permanently. Something we should have done a long time ago.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:33 PM

yeh i agree blackie. personally, i dont see the problem with always having water restrictions, it's a precious commodity that is often wasted, it can be a pain when you want to wash the car etc, but in the long run i think the restrictions are good.

Quick Reply: I'm bored. Click here if you are too...