Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

S2000 Accident

Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oops..
Is there something wrong with P plater bashing?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Not unless your a P-Plater.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:03 AM

Can open, worms everywhere!

I did kinda come on a bit strong, apolagies.
Its just agism and alike really fire me up, especially the way its handled by the media.
It seams as though the youth are made out to be scapegoats. Im on the road everyday and Ive seen some shocking driving from all ages, at least with a plater you know what your gonna get. yes I admit we are a bunch of knuckle heads, but ive seen just as wreakless driving from my 63 yr old father and ive seen him f up too.
What I didnt see was his name, face and age plastered all over the news.

I think what we need is a place to be idiots. I mean whats cheaper, over policing the streets and massive anti hoon campaigns or laying out a decent slab of tarmac surrounded by kitty litter and charging 10 bucks an hr.
They could have an ambo on site all day, they just sit around at the depot wait for a call anyway.
And they could have an advanced driving instructor, somewhere for you to work on your car.
s!?t id volenteer to work there and I know I wouldnt be the only one.

Yeah I know its idealistic bs, maybe one day

For the record old foggies and soccer mums in there forbies are the ones im scared of, and my driving instructors agree.

Lastly, 30yrs old p plater for 6yrs I no longer display my plates. Persacution without reason sucks.

And has anyone figured out whos car it was yet?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ape-x
I think what we need is a place to be idiots. I mean whats cheaper, over policing the streets and massive anti hoon campaigns or laying out a decent slab of tarmac surrounded by kitty litter and charging 10 bucks an hr.
They could have an ambo on site all day, they just sit around at the depot wait for a call anyway.
And they could have an advanced driving instructor, somewhere for you to work on your car.
s!?t id volenteer to work there and I know I wouldnt be the only one.
I don't know what's available in SA but I'm sure you would have something similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D0rYKywJkY

Search for skid pan day or gymkhana and you should be on the right track.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think it's unfair to bash P platers. From my personal experience the vast majority of stupid acts in the traffic are P platers. Or at least a higher percentage than should be accounted for by their representation.

I was recently a passenger in my GFs car. Ok, she obeys the 50Kph speed limit in urban areas which is bound to piss some people off, and a P plater was sitting right on her tail honking his horn. As we entered a roundabout he decided to go the wrong way around it to get past us. The interesting point is that my GF is an L plater. You'd think a P plater would remember the whole L plater thing a little clearer but not this guy.

And you might think that as a driver of 26 years experience I have forgotten what it's like to be a P plater. Au contrare, I remember it well, and I remember being full of piss and vinegar and doing stupid things. Exactly the sort of things I now bash P platers (and myself in retrospect) about.

But the proof of the pudding will be when we finally find out the age of the driver of this S and what happened. I'd put money on it that it was a driver of less than 5 years experience driving a car whose performance far exceeds his capabilities. Happy to be proved wrong though.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is often a difference - sometimes a vast difference - between learner and provisional drivers, and most other drivers on the road in maturity and experience driving on public roads. So naturally, the results of this are that there are more accidents from the inexperienced. I don't see how there could be any argument against this logic.

Additionally, there is a significant difference between gaining track/gymkhana/drifting skills and gaining experience driving on public roads. Gaining track skills won't necessarily stop w*ankers from being w*nkers on the public road.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ape-x
For the record old foggies and soccer mums in there forbies are the ones im scared of, and my driving instructors agree.
Explain again what part an old foggie or soccer mum in a forbie played in your little misadventure?
Old 10-29-2011, 04:09 AM

As a p-plater i can agree that we are pretty simply stupid on the road.

I don't tend to do anything extreme, because I know i will fail as I'm not some pro drifter or whatever, the most I do is accelerate hard up to or a little above the speed limit (i get worried speeding sometimes). But I can't deny there's things i do on the road that distinguish me from an experienced driver and non-experienced. It all comes with a matter of time.

most p-platers, generally males of course, are simply fkn idiots who need to get the fk off the road. most of them also drive holdens!