Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Woohoo, Best Motoring videos!!

Old 12-17-2001, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woohoo, Best Motoring videos!!

Looks like the English version of best Motoring videos works perfectly fine on my TV/Video :-) I ordered them about ~14 days ago though Mingster and they arrived end of last week. Good viewing for anyone who likes to see cars being raced or just fanged. Very entertaining ... though, those guys really do have a Honda (and Type-R anything) bias. If it has a Honda (or even better - Type-R) badge then it must be good.

Anyway, besides a lot of good racing and cars fanged around tracks, there's a few S2000 bits. There's this very cool up-the-mountain-road race between an Amuse S2000 (which looks hot!!) and a tuned EVO. Also, there's a full lap (99% on board camera) of an S2000 flying around the old Nurburgring and then an S2000 (with a roof down) doing a fill in in a race between 'little' cars.

Very good buy; I'm very pleased with the quality and content ... now when's the next (or more) Emglish version coming out?
Old 12-17-2001, 03:14 PM

I've seen that video. Last bit is awesome! some kind of battle up and down the mountain!

The Amuse S2000 was up against a mildly modified EVO VII. Lost going up hill but won going down! The best thing on the S2000 had to be the exhaust system! FULL TITANIUM! and it sounds real good!

I've got a few Best Motoring Video/VCD's... I need more!
Old 12-18-2001, 03:44 PM

There's a full lap (on board) of an S2000 going around the old Nurbugring. It's driven with a roof down and in traffic but still returns a time of just under 8:40. That is soooo fast!! Probably the fastest lap that I've actually seen as most 'taped' laps end of boing around the 9min range.

If the guy kept the roof up and had a clear track then I'm sure that'd do a flat 8:30 lap (if not get into 8:20s). This guys knew the track very well and is incredibly fast ... anyone knows who he is?
Old 12-18-2001, 04:54 PM
N1R

i have both those vids.... but i dont recall that nurbugring run in the prototype S2000 being timed.
The drivers name is MR Kurasowa, Gansan....... or as i like to call him MR Ganji!!!....... he is a very good driver and he only drives Hondas in those BM videos.... he is pretty much unbeatable when he drives the S-Zero and it goes up against all the other JDM supercars.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:39 PM

Thanks NR1,
-----------------------------
i have both those vids.... but i dont recall that nurbugring run in the prototype S2000 being timed.
Correct - it was not timed. But, I do have a stop-watch :-)

...he is pretty much unbeatable when he drives the S-Zero and it goes up against all the other JDM supercars
If you're refering to the NSX-R going up against a RUF 911, Viper, Ferrari 550, Viper and Ferari F40 then I though that was a bit of a joke. No way can an NSX come anywhere close to any of those cars - let alone beat them. The F40 alone should have lapped it by the end of the 3rd lap ... no idea how they could have had a 'photo' finish. It was fun to watch but I have a hard time believing that NSX-R is faster than a Viper or a RUF 911, let alone an F40. I saw an F40 recently doing laps at Sandown .... there was a Nonster GTR (race tuned, a lot of power and 285 slicks all around) that could not keep up with it.

Another thing that surprised me - the 400m drag betweer an Integra Type-R and S14 200SX. Does the S14 200SX have less power in Japan because I cannot imagine what the tape showed - 200SX gets of the line better, and get's almost a car lenght jump by the end of 1st gear. Though, through the 2nd gear the Type-R catches it and in the 3rd gear pulls out good 2 car lenghts. I can't comment on personal experiences with S14 200SX but I do have a friend with an S15 200SX and that thing is very fast ... I can't picture TypeR keeping up with it in the straighline.

Either way, awesome videos ... any idea when the next 'English' versions come out?
Old 12-18-2001, 07:47 PM

The Jap spec Type R has more power (not to mention better brakes etc) than the Aus spec Type R... Not sure how much of a difference that would make to the 0-400m drag between the Type R and S14 though.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by Alister
The Jap spec Type R has more power (not to mention better brakes etc) than the Aus spec Type R... Not sure how much of a difference that would make to the 0-400m drag between the Type R and S14 though.
The Jap spec S14 had 250ps (184kW) from memory. That gives it better power/weight than the ITR and a lot more area under the power curve. It should be a lot quicker. I would not trust the results of the tests/races in these videos. There seems to be a certain Honda bias, but more importantly reality is often subjugated to appearances in Japan. It's just a different way of thinking that goes back thousands of years. It can be confusing to Westerners, but explains the "rice" phenomenon nicely.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:59 PM
N1R

no i was referring to my other BM VCD's... i have plenty.... You can say the NSX S-Zero is the 3.2l version of the NSX-R. I admit i didnt beleive the NSX-R can compete with the F40's etc etc.... its hard to say whether they are bias or not towards japanese cars becuase in my other videos they test the new M3 and new 911 turbos and they loved it, they also raced them against the NSX, GTR, EVO's etc etc... and the 911 Turbo was untouchable. SO go figure, maybe they just didnt know how to drive the F40 lol

The older model 200SX/S14 has the same power as the Aus model and yes its that slow, trust me. The Type-R's 3rd gear would pull on it like what you saw in the video. The jap spec S15 is another story, they have 184kw and closer ratios; they are quick.
Old 12-19-2001, 04:50 PM

I just realised the S14 in the video may have been NA. They had about 120kW and would get the jump on an ITR due to RWD, then fall back.

Local testing showed that even the Australian market S14 turbo was faster over 0-100km/h and 400m than the ITR. I have a friend with one and it feels as fast as my WRX, which will eat an ITR.
Old 12-19-2001, 05:49 PM
N1R

its not the NA S14...... you fellas who rely on number from magazines need to really see the light!!!

also feeling fast and being fast are 2 different things.
ive raced plenty of WRX's and S14's...... sure the WRX maye leappp or should i say lurchhh forward in 1st gear RoFL, but then it runs out of huff and puff up top and in 3rd gear i say bye bye........

Quick Reply: Woohoo, Best Motoring videos!!