Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 06-30-2015, 08:01 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

I try to use it as much as possible, to be honest. On the way to and from track days, in a car with no interior or sound deadening behind the seats, I try to stay at the same speed as much as I can so I don't get a headache from constantly going on and off the gas. Just get in the right lane and cruise, maybe listen to an audiobook. These cars don't have to be sports cars ALL the time, lol.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:29 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

I use my cruise control every day. I remember back in my Civic hatch days I would just plug it back in for long trips on the interstate, but I have become less hardcore in my elder years, and I would like to have cruise at all times, and the soft top is never going back in.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Looking more into it, it isn't very complicated. I will probably end up wiring the roof switch up once I remove the soft top. Having cruise for a few of the long drives to the track is definitely nice and a good way to save a little fuel on the way to and from.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:19 AM

It's always frustrating to get the supporting parts before you get the main parts in. ASM steering hub.

Getting parts from ASM always feels like you are getting a shipment of parts for your F1 car. Everything always exceeds expectations. It looks like they worked with Works Bell on this hub. The main section of the hub is clearly labeled the same as other WB hubs, but ASM's own unique design.

I should get the other parts of this puzzle tomorrow if the shipping info is accurate.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the wheel setup, Andrew. I can probably guess where you're going with this, lol.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:59 PM

Got shipped the wrong steering wheel today. Waa waa waaaa. Got to ship it back and get the correct one.

Got some other little parts I will post up later though.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 419 Likes on 319 Posts

Andrew,

You should know this:

You/this thread/the Hyperrev, have cost me many, many dollars.

I bought a Miata a few months ago, in hopes that it would satisfy my fun Japanese sports car desires.

Then I looked at your build thread a month or so later. And felt a ping of regret.

Then I put new wheels on the Miata and did a bunch of maintenance, and was happy again.

Last week I looked at this thread again, now the car is on Craigslist for sale...at a loss.

It probably doesn't help that my now complete collection of S2000 HyperRev now stare me in the face in my new apartment where they're finally out rather than in a drawer.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

doh! ASM hub ftw!
Old 07-10-2015, 06:54 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't wait to see the wheel setup, does the ASM hub disable turn signals as well? I thought I read something somewhere about it, but I wasn't sure.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:25 PM

Woop woop woop woop! Finally got the steering wheel in.

Momo Monte Carlo 350mm (red stitch) w/ NSX-R horn button

I got the horn button and these other bits awhile back, but actually got shipped the wrong steering wheel. They shipped me a Momo Tuner instead.

I prefer the look of the Monte Carlo over the tuner. I just like the sort of triangular shape of the center of the wheel and I prefer how the Momo logo is etched into the bottom instead painted in yellow.

If all goes to plan I should get this bad boy installed tonight and get some pics of it installed. I am thinking this slightly smaller 350mm wheel (vs. 360mm OEM) should give me the little bit of extra leg clearance I am after. If not I am going to get a 10 or 15mm WorksBell spacer to bring the wheel a little bit closer to me and providing even more leg clearance. I am going to see how it sits with the ASM hub and decide if I need a spacer or not.

I got the Project µ reservoir covers to see if they will last longer than the Spoon covers have for me. Usually after about 4-6 months of use the Spoon covers lose all of their elasticity and get all slouchy on the reservoir. These Project µ covers are much taller, and seem to have much stronger elastic so maybe they will do the trick. I like to keep my reservoir topped off and the reservoir covers always end up sopping up a bit of fluid. So to me it is worth running them. Even a small bit of fluid dripping down on the paint below is generally bad news.

That other little thing in the picture is a FD2-R shift boot collar. After testing it out it won't directly fit the S2000 shift lever without some modification, but with a little work I should be able to get it to fit well. It basically just takes up the extra space between the shift knob and boot so the lever isn't exposed. I realize I could just do something to bring the shift boot up all the way to the knob, but I just think that looks dumb and makes grabbing the knob weird.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II