Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 12-17-2015, 04:33 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeMaster
I think all you need is a amuse hard top
I can think of at least $20,000 worth of other parts I also need.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
I have those very endlinks, and they work satisfactorily well, even though they were made by dumb roundeye.
Oh shit that probably means they are imperial instead of metric huh. I can't have imperial end links on a Japanese car with Swedish suspension and German seats.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Gendron end links?
Old 12-17-2015, 06:38 PM

ASM anti roll bars installed:

Visited my friend's shop on Tuesday night to install the ASM bars. We shockingly installed the bars using the stock end links, completely obliterating any and all concepts of zero preload and luckily the car didn't flip over the first time I drove it through a corner. I could obviously drop my lap times DRASTICALLY if I switched over to adjustable end links that would let me dial in zero preload at each setting, but alas I will just have to drive around this MASSIVE handicap. Anyway...

Car feels fantastic. Nice subtle increase in turn in response, while the car doesn't necessarily feel like it has more front grip, it feels like the front bites sooner so less steering input is needed to turn the car in. Feels fine and behaves the same turning in both directions. Have only tested it out on lower speed stuff but it seems that is where a lot of the advantages are anyway. The car feels more neutral than it ever has before, so easy to put it into a four wheel slide, and even easier to predict now. The difference is obviously subtle, but based off of the quick testing I did it is exactly what I was looking for. I should be able to make small adjustments to the cars balance by just adjusting the rear bar to the softest or stiffest setting. I really like how the front end feels now at the stiffest setting, it should be interesting to see how the car behaves once the 1.5 LSD is installed, but these bars should give me the adjustability I may need once that is installed.

Another reason I didn't want a significantly stiffer front bar is because I want to try to run more roll center correction up front. I will see what effect the new front upper arms have and then start playing with the front roll center more. J's makes a variety of plates for the S1 and S2 joints or a custom size plate can be made relatively easily.

I think a lot of the previous confusion on the stiffness of these particular bars come from looking at the estimated stabilizer bar stiffness on this thread - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/818...nsion-springs/

Comparing the listed ASM rates to those rates, it looks like it is much softer, which isn't the case. The measured stiffness of the OEM bars are similar from the listed data from ASM, and from other companies like Eibach, which also show the OEM bars as being less stiff than the estimates in that thread. Either those estimated measurements are incorrect, or the manufacturers measured or calculated differently. From as much as I can tell reading that white paper in that thread, the sway bar stiffness wasn't actually measured, but the stiffness was estimated based on bar diameters, thickness, and geometry. I could be wrong but I would guess Eibach and ASM both did their own measurements of the OEM bars (or got data from Honda) and designed their bars off of those specs.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you gonna get red JDM emblems for your car? Would look dope with some red JDM emblems
Old 12-18-2015, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
Are you gonna get red JDM emblems for your car? Would look dope with some red JDM emblems
I could just photoshop the red into every photo I take but still keep it low key in real life maybe? I still need to get the spoon mirrors painted and installed. I think I will vinyl wrap them black after they are painted and see which color I prefer. Maybe just the mirror stocks black could be cool too.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

red emblem just adds more weight over stock.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by TougeMaster
red emblem just adds more weight over stock.
This dude needs to chill the f@#k out.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mccormick009
Well done sir. Make it down to SoCal! We'd love to have ya! =)
I thought you were SoCal.
I've been checking out your video's lately....
Have you ever considered coming up North and entering a hill-climb event? I'm thinking you would enjoy it quite a bit, even though there are no night events.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by saving4one
I thought you were SoCal.
I've been checking out your video's lately....
Have you ever considered coming up North and entering a hill-climb event? I'm thinking you would enjoy it quite a bit, even though there are no night events.
I'd love to do some hill climb events. I am still amazed that there aren't any real hill climbs in the Bay Area with the huge number of fantastic roads in the area. I don't have a lot of time to or desire to travel a long way to do an event unfortunately, but if one is being held within a reasonable distance I would definitely be interested.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II