California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Go Kart Question: SpeedRing or this new place?

Old 11-27-2003, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go Kart Question: SpeedRing or this new place?

I am planning my boyfriend's 30th SURPRISE party which is coming up soon and I was thinking he would love to go gokarting. We both have a need for speed and love to race so I think he would really like this.

So who knows where to go around here? I see that their is a new place opening (GoKart Racer) in Burlingame. Do you guys think it will be cooler then Speedring in Santa Clara? I want the place with the best track and the fastest kart!

I appreciate your input. Thanks

Sara
Old 11-27-2003, 09:32 AM

www.lemanskarting.com
Old 11-28-2003, 06:12 AM

I've never been to Speedring, but I went to LeMans Karting a few weekends ago and I thought it was great. There was somebody there that was having a Birthday session. His wife made the reservations for him and thier friends. They had a party of 10. GoKart Racer opens sometime in December, but there isn't an exact day as of yet.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:02 AM

I would try out the new place. These 3 places all seem to be owned by the same folks, and all were just great when they were new. As the economy faltered it seems business is really slow on off peak times. As a result, the level of staffing and the condition of the equipment (karts and clothes) has gone downhill at both places. Last time we went to LeMans was a saturday night, only 2 people working the track, very overworked, karts breaking etc. Their karts are still faster than Speedring, but I personally like the Speedring track layout better.

I personally don't understand why they keep opening new ones when it seems like they aren't getting much business for the ones they have now. I'd rather they just invest the money in keeping one location staffed, clean and running like Speedring was when it first opened, then I'd go more often.

Peter
Old 11-28-2003, 11:03 AM

I personally think SpeedRing is better. I think LeMans is a little cheaper, but the staff there don't seem to pay much attention. The karts at LeMans are supposed to be a little faster, but it's not a drastic difference. I haven't been to Speedring lately, but they had a nicer facility that last time I went.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:21 PM

Well, I was hoping for a more definate response but I guess I will just call them all and see what they offer and most important - how much - then decide form that.

Thanks for your input!

Sara
Old 12-01-2003, 03:26 PM

here's some fotos of the new track. i think it's a better place. i've been to both numerous times. the new place has an altitude change which is great and has 2 tracks and a game room..

http://www.extremegraphics.com/kart/Kart.html
Old 12-02-2003, 12:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fatlace
here's some fotos of the new track. i think it's a better place. i've been to both numerous times. the new place has an altitude change which is great and has 2 tracks and a game room..
Old 12-02-2003, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fatlace
Old 12-03-2003, 08:29 AM

not anymore.. he moved to south city. we were actually trying to get 1 day a week night jobs at the track! lol.. just to get better..

Quick Reply: Go Kart Question: SpeedRing or this new place?