California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

How Much Should I Expect to Pay?

Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up How Much Should I Expect to Pay?

I am currently collecting some audio equipment to install into my DD (98 Honda Accord) and was wondering how much should I expect to pay in labor to install all the equipment at a reputable car audio installer?

I have already bought the following items:

- 4 channel amp
- Set of Comp Speakers for Front
- Pair of 10" subs in a box (I need them to build me a box as I only plan to use 1 sub and sell the other)

I still need to purchase:

- Headunit
- Wiring
- Misc dynomat where needed
- Need them to build a sub box and install

Should I purchase the items I need from the car audio installer and package that into the installation cost as well or should I purchase the items on the internet and have the installer just do the install? If I go in just for installation, how long should it take (to build the box and install all the equipment) to install and how much should I expect to pay? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

- David
Old 12-08-2010, 11:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Your question is best answered by calling shops and requesting quotes from them directly. There's a decent range of quality and reputability of these shorts of shops.

I had all my work done at Auto Sound and Security, in Redwood City. Ask for "patrick or "john" and told them I sent you.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

We've done plenty of car stereo systems for local s2ki members and yours is pretty straight forward.

We are booked solid til Jan/2011 but drop us a line if you interested.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eklipz98,Dec 8 2010, 12:30 PM
Your question is best answered by calling shops and requesting quotes from them directly. There's a decent range of quality and reputability of these shorts of shops.

I had all my work done at Auto Sound and Security, in Redwood City. Ask for "patrick or "john" and told them I sent you.
if this is the owner of the same auto sound and security as the one on capitol expressway in san jose... DONT GIVE THEM YOUR REAL ADDRESS!! they will jack your stuff... bumpers, rims the whole works... i used to do some promoting for them... shady ****ers...

but on a side note, 98 accord v6 coupe... loved that car... installs are easy... recommend you have any forum member do the install. 12 pack of beer and we cool

Hard part is getting your tweeters for your components over by the front windshield. you have to pull your whole dash apart for that. power down your driver side... audio signals through your passenger side for sedan... or straight down the middle for coupe. took me about 12 hours due to it was my first install. alot of tips came from 6thgenaccord.

labor wise.. probably for the whole install about $500+parts if you want tweeters in front of your dash. $300+parts for custom mod into door panel. The reason why i DIY!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:52 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iDashX,Dec 10 2010, 12:29 AM
if this is the owner of the same auto sound and security as the one on capitol expressway in san jose... DONT GIVE THEM YOUR REAL ADDRESS!! they will jack your stuff... bumpers, rims the whole works... i used to do some promoting for them... shady ****ers...
I don't think these are the same guys...at least I hope not. I've referred alot of people to the RWC location, and not a single one has had their stuff jacked, or any shadiness. In fact, everyone has commented on their professionalism and thanked me for the referral.

Regardless, its always a good practice to not give out your address, when in doubt, don't give it out! I've never given any stereo shops my address, I think that's a no brainer! Just because someone asks doesnt mean you have to tell.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions guys.