California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Your S2000 Story...

Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So heres my story with my s
To start off i work at audio express
i was driving a 2002 lancer oz rally for about a year and a half
with 4 accident in that car (none of them my fault), so my dad tells me its time to sell the bad juju car and buy a new one. I love imports so i was in the market for a evo or stior m3. which i was supposed to get get but my dad thought the OZ was the evo and estatic that he found an "evo" for so cheap. misconception so i wasnt tripping about it, i was happy to get a car period. i was 19 so i could care less. so i finally got my lancer sold and i was riding my R6 to work and it started to get old and rain was on the way so i was kinda pressured to buy a car soon.
So i go to the BMW dealership hoping to buy a new m3 im 21 now so yes i am young as soon as i get on the lot the salesman comes out looks at me in a disgusted way and says "Do you really need help here" my response was not any more and i walked out. then one day a beautiful red ap1 comes in and gets a deck install, so i decide i would pull it around for my installer to do it he was busy so i ended up doing it myself and sitting in the car it was like a click i felt like i belonged in the car. so i start looking at s2000s, i really wanted a white or red one but at the time there were only 2 for sale in sacramento a yellow and a silver one they wanted 36k for the yellow one because it was supercharged i wasnt to big on that so i run over to the elk grove honda and i see the silver one and i fell in love
the next day i went over and purchased my s
been happy ever since

bwhahahhaahahha i should make this into a chick flick movie
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 AM

^ I was crying.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:11 AM

It was an odd ball saturday. I had gotten up and called my brother over to hang out at like 8 in the morning. It was Dec. 16 2006. We had a long night of partyin so I told him to swing by and we would go get some breakfast. I had just sold my 95 hatch with gsr swap like a month ago so I didnt have a car except my work truck. After we ate we drove thru town and I saw the yellow 2002 s2000 parked at the toyota dealership. So of course I was like lets test drive it. I asked the saleman to put the top down cause i didnt know how it worked and after FIVE mins he figured it out. The car only had 12000 miles and drove great. As soon as I got it on the highway I opened it up to 9000 through second. The sales guy really didnt know what he was tryin to sell me. He was like WOW didnt know this car could do that. After I was done with that test drive my brother informed me that there was a BB 06 sitting at the honda dealership brand new. So of course we went there next. As soon as we got there I fell in love with the S. I always wanted one when they came out but now I could actually afford one. As soon as I took it out I knew I had to have this one. Before I knew it we were signin the papers and I was drivin it off the lot. I brought my pops in to do the deal and it was worth it. I eneded up buyin it for 28,500 new. I also made the same statement as grim " I love it the way it is. I will always keep it stock." That lasted a whole 3 months and then the mod bug set in. I never go out with the intention to buy a car I just end up comin home with one LOL. Thats my S2000 story.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:14 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I was growing tired of my ep3 and started looking for something with a little more "umph". With the release of the Fg2(new Si coupe) I thought I had found the replacement. I was "into" this car like no other, from the concept I knew THAT was the car I was getting. After awaiting the arrival for soooo long, I started to grow tired of that car too. With the markup of that car being close to 5-7k over msrp everywhere I went, I said "screw this I can get a better car for 25k" So, the S2000 search begins. I searched for about a year once my decision was made to find one that was suitable to me. Many hours were spend driving to the bay and to sacramento area from reno to look at s2000's. I remember one particular red s2000 in particular in Roseville, looked great on autotrader, but as I parked my ep3 and walked towards the red s2000 on the lot, i noticed that the calipers had been painted red from about 50ft away, it was at this instant i turned around and got back in my car to drive back to reno with yet another wasted trip under my belt. The timing was perfect as a local kid saw my post on a local forum and inquired on my ep3, i thought he was full of crap, didnt expect to sell it, but he asked me to meet him and his mom at the bank, which i did, they bought it just like that and i was now without a car. I had looked at a 2004 berlina in roseville with 22k miles on it the week earlier, the owner had just bought a porsche and it was "perfect" for a used car so I paid my friend 100 bucks to drive me to roseville to swoop up the deal.
here it is the day i went to pick it up.