California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

I have the dumbest question

Old 06-13-2017, 04:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have the dumbest question

As the title says I have the dumbest question. I know I'll get rip for this cause one I'm a dumbass and two not all people on the internet are friendly but Does fluid evaporate in the CMC? Lol Sunday night when I was driving home I felt my clutch pedal get a lot of play it was already late by the time I got home so I checked the fluid Monday morning and the reservoir was near empty. All day I checked for any leaks and was unable to find any. I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if fluid level gets lower over the week and if I can find a leak. I replaced my CMC a year ago at ballades. Again sorry for the dumb question
Old 06-13-2017, 05:48 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

You have a leak.

-- Chuck
Old 06-13-2017, 05:58 AM

Received 1,442 Likes on 967 Posts

Check for leaks inside car, below clutch pedal. And down by slave cylinder.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only a year? That's strange.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by windhund116
Check for leaks inside car, below clutch pedal. And down by slave cylinder.

Yeah thats where I've been looking for the leaks. Wish I had a jack so I could look by the slave. I've been driving around with a bunch of paper towel under the the steering column to see if I can catch a leak that way. Lol
Old 06-13-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by LUIS_TURBO
Only a year? That's strange.
i thought it was strange too. I had to dig up the invoice and it's been a year and a month exactly. That's why I asked that dumb question cause I have yet to find a leak. But they only replace cmc so could be possible if it's a defective slave.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:02 AM

Not a dumb question at all. Same thing happened to me and I had no idea. I had a CMC leak and it dripped off the back of my clutch pedal and onto the floor mat, that stuff really did some damaged to the carpet underneath it. I got the master and slave along with the clutch line and a few hardware(bolts/nuts) replace while I was at it. I ordered replacements from Majestic Honda (1/4 cheaper than the dealers quoted me for parts alone). Took about 5-6 hours to do and needs 2 people to do since it requires pumping the clutch.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:51 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

the CMC leak at the clutch pedal inside the cabin can be obvious or subtle depending on how bad the leak is. Check where the CMC rod goes into the main body. there should be a bit of clear-ish grease there but no oil. If it's leaking, you'll find some fluid there. inspect the carpet just below that area for dampness.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:52 PM

Update, I haven't found a leak yet and the fluid level haven't been doing down. My clutch is just soft but that's probably due to having air in the system. I'm taking it to rockstar on Friday to get it checked out.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ayeeeyorandy
Update, I haven't found a leak yet and the fluid level haven't been doing down. My clutch is just soft but that's probably due to having air in the system. I'm taking it to rockstar on Friday to get it checked out.
turns outs the slave was leaking pretty bad. I just ended up replacing both cmc and slave at the same time, just in case lol. Thanks to rockstar fast and excellent service. Took them about 30 minutes to replace both.

Quick Reply: I have the dumbest question