California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Relocation Question--Any help appreciated

Old 03-08-2003, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocation Question--Any help appreciated

Hi all,

My company is looking to relocate my family from Seattle to LA, a situation we are at least considering. Without getting into too much unnecessary detail, we'd probably be looking to live in places like Stevenson Ranch (Santa Clarita area) or perhaps Orange County (Cypress, etc.). Our offices are located a few miles from LAX. I am wondering if anyone, especially those who live in those areas and commute, have any opinions on that particular commute? My S2000 is a daily driver for me here in Seattle and I would also expect it to be in LA. While we intend to go down there and actually drive the distance during commute times as a check, I'd be very appreciative of any insights the locals can give me.

TIA.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:35 AM

Tia -

I can't help you with Stevenson ranch but I grew up in Cypress.

On paper, its not a bad commute to LAX but in reality, its a bitch. (sorry for the profanity). You'd have to leave your home in Cypress no later than 5:30am every morning or just get used to sitting in traffic. Now, you can cut some of the pain out by carpooling because there is a carpool lane the entire length of the 405 between Cypress and LAX but even the carpool lane gets backed up during rush hour.

Feel free to pm me if you want any more info on Cypress (I lived there from 2nd grade through graduating high school and my best friend and most of his family still live there).
Old 03-08-2003, 09:42 AM

Da Hapa, Thanks for your reply. If you left at say 7am, how long would it take? Also, thanks for your offer for more Cypress info. Once we come back from taking a look down there, I will probably take you up on your offer for more info.

Thanks again.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:09 AM

anything near LAX is rough to get to. I live 28mi south in Newport Beach (Orange County) with traffic about one hour and that is in the serious bumper to bumper stuff form 7am to 9am it is all about the same.
Anyway, welcome if you make it down, contact all of us and we will show you around if you want. There are some good guys down here and some fun drives/ tracks.
MAtt
Old 03-08-2003, 11:33 AM
SSK

Offices just a few miles from LAX? If that were the case for me, I would be living in the Rolling Hills/Palos Verdes area in a SECOND! Nice big lot sizes, great schools, great views...

Oh man, I'd love to live in that area... if the commute from there to my office weren't so bad for me.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pierceman
[B]anything near LAX is rough to get to.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SSK
[B]Offices just a few miles from LAX?
Old 03-08-2003, 08:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ScottB
[B]

Isn't Newport closer to 40 miles from LAX?
Old 03-09-2003, 09:57 PM

You might also consider the Metro Rail as an alternate method of getting to work. "Green Line" has multiple stops near LAX in El Segundo. If one of the station is within walking/biking distance, I strongly urge you to consider using it, instead of driving your S2K. Driving S on 405 during rush hour is no fun at all If interested, try the following link for more info: http://www.mta.net/metro_transit/metro_rai..._system_map.htm

Good Luck
Old 03-10-2003, 11:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedondoS2K
[B]You might also consider the Metro Rail as an alternate method of getting to work. "Green Line" has multiple stops near LAX in El Segundo. If one of the station is within walking/biking distance, I strongly urge you to consider using it, instead of driving your S2K. Driving S on 405 during rush hour is no fun at all

Quick Reply: Relocation Question--Any help appreciated