Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Need advice, car fell off hoist @ shop...

Old 04-12-2002, 07:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hyper
[B]XTC:
Old 04-12-2002, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time for LEGAL ACTION.... thats 2 mistake the dealer made... demand ur free car now!
Old 04-12-2002, 11:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

legal action, or contact someone in the media about the dealer. they are holding the car without permission, without consent, even if they are offering a rental in the time being.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:35 AM

Get your insurance company involved also. They need to know about this in case something happens in the future (if you cannot get the car replaced).

Please let us know what dealership this is, nothing will hurt them more than lost business!

If you don't want to make it public, PM me the name and we can distribute privately from there.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:23 AM

On the next day when we visited the dealer (one day after the incident) I got the information of everyone I spoke to with her, and found out the bodyshop they took the car to and did a bit of investigation work myself. I went to the bodyshop myself and saw the car... and lo and behold, it was just sitting outside in the rain (w/ the sideskirt and front fender removed ... how bad is it for the car w/ the fender removed being soaked in the rain?) ... so I went in and shoot the shit w/ the bodyshop guy and he tells me that the car was actually driven in (not flat bedded) ... What's more ghetto is that the broken parts were actually sitting inside the car (who knew a whole sideskirt can be put inside the trunk?

I guess that's a moot point, and the car will be ready Monday.... it would've helped a lot if my friend actually took the time to weigh the options that I've found from all the feedback I've got from various forums.

Today, she went to speak w/ the General Manager of the dealer, but again she didn't call me up to go with her, so I guess I'll find out more later on....

TKG, Schatten: Well, after getting more information out of my friend she tells me that they called her at work about the incident when it happened and she gave them a verbal ok to fix her car (mistake #1 on her part) ... so I guess that's why we weren't able to see the car the next day, and I guess they had an oral agreement in this case...

matrix: As for reporting this to the insurance, will this be grounds for them to hike her rates? Because I've heard folks reporting about accidents (at fault and not at fault) but they did not formally file a claim for it and they still got their rates hiked.

Btw, to the TO guys who replied, you have PM.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:56 AM

Just gave my friend a call and she went to see the G.M. w/ her uncle (so at least she won't feel outnumbered by the dealer)

The dealer has proposed to report the incident to the collision center, will write a letter out stating the incident (in full detail), claiming full responsiblity... they will take the car in for a full inspection to an external dealer (but NOT of my friend's choice) ...

This is still not good enough, but at least this time she knows NOT to take the car back until everything is in order.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hyper
[B]matrix: As for reporting this to the insurance, will this be grounds for them to hike her rates?
Old 04-17-2002, 10:54 PM

Ok, its been a week and well the car is still not returned to her, despite she was promised to have her car on Monday (which is 2 days ago) ... and NONE of the paperwork she demanded was prepared at all during this time.

Well she did a little investigation herself and stopped by the dealer, and she said that the job was downright shitty ... the fender wasn't lined up properly...

So, obviously she still has the option to complain.... but does she have the option to take her car to a body shop of her choice?