Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford Mustang GT350

Old 05-08-2017, 07:19 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Was lucky to drive my buddy's GT350 for an hour yesterday. The power is just unreal and I felt like I was holding the wheel for dear life on full throttle. Car hits 120+ in a few blinks. Such a nice transmission and brakes. Engine sounds like nothing else. Hard to pin if for one marque or another. Car has 2500 miles on it. Can hear it almost a 1/4 mile away coming to my house! He's talking about putting a Borla on it, but I think he is nuts and it may not be able to run as some tracks with that exhaust. Not as connected feeling as his 991 was, but the Shelby smokes it in performance. I believe he had the oil cooler recall done a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Was lucky to drive my buddy's GT350 for an hour yesterday. The power is just unreal and I felt like I was holding the wheel for dear life on full throttle. Car hits 120+ in a few blinks. Such a nice transmission and brakes. Engine sounds like nothing else. Hard to pin if for one marque or another. Car has 2500 miles on it. Can hear it almost a 1/4 mile away coming to my house! He's talking about putting a Borla on it, but I think he is nuts and it may not be able to run as some tracks with that exhaust. Not as connected feeling as his 991 was, but the Shelby smokes it in performance. I believe he had the oil cooler recall done a couple of weeks ago.
The GT350 is such a great 'whole package' car. I attended the Ford Performance Track Attack event in Utah on April 18th and experienced the GT350 on the track for the first time, so much fun. I wish we had a local road course as I could do that everyday. I think the stock exhaust in sport mode sounds perfect. Some of the aftermarket exhausts make the car sound like a 'traditional' Mustang, you lose the unique GT350 sound. I'm not even sold on the car without resonators (unless an R which comes without). Some owners have removed them and regretted it after. A nice set of quality long tubes would be nice however.

Thanks for the reminder, I still need to get the recall done on my car and recently got another letter from Ford stating that parts are now available.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:47 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by LUV2REV
The GT350 is such a great 'whole package' car. I attended the Ford Performance Track Attack event in Utah on April 18th and experienced the GT350 on the track for the first time, so much fun. I wish we had a local road course as I could do that everyday. I think the stock exhaust in sport mode sounds perfect. Some of the aftermarket exhausts make the car sound like a 'traditional' Mustang, you lose the unique GT350 sound. I'm not even sold on the car without resonators (unless an R which comes without). Some owners have removed them and regretted it after. A nice set of quality long tubes would be nice however.

Thanks for the reminder, I still need to get the recall done on my car and recently got another letter from Ford stating that parts are now available.
I am trying to talk some sense into on the exhaust. I thought driving his car around my neighborhood with him standing my driveway so he knows how loud it was would do it... He is somoene who's a little foolish with his money at times. I am taking the GT350 again this weekend. He mentioned how different the car drives with a different steering wheel setting; he wants me to check that out compared to the sports setting. I will gladly drive that car as much as he is willing to let me drive it! Twist my arm...

Ford should put that engine into other models or offer it as a crate engine with the transmission. They are so well paired together.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I am trying to talk some sense into on the exhaust. I thought driving his car around my neighborhood with him standing my driveway so he knows how loud it was would do it... He is somoene who's a little foolish with his money at times. I am taking the GT350 again this weekend. He mentioned how different the car drives with a different steering wheel setting; he wants me to check that out compared to the sports setting. I will gladly drive that car as much as he is willing to let me drive it! Twist my arm...

Ford should put that engine into other models or offer it as a crate engine with the transmission. They are so well paired together.
My favorite car engine so far. The noise, the feel, the rpm's. Flat plane crank revving to 8k? The noise that thing makes is just nasty, sweet music. A little bit of Ferrari in your stang. And it's no longer a muscle car, it's a sports car. I'd commit criminal acts to get that motor and tremec in an awd hot hatch.

And no, it doesn't need an exhaust. Mild tune and filter is about it.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just saw a GT350 (non-R) on the streets on the way to lunch earlier. The owner saw me mirin' so he revved the crap out of it.

Made my week. Shivers