Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Looking for Lotus advice

Old 08-19-2013, 12:39 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you're planning on doing a load of track days I wouldn't bother with the Exige.

The lack of rear vision for day to day driving will do your head in.

On the road there'd be little in it performance wise to be honest.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
I'm pondering a dabble in norfolks finest
Gorilla droppings as he pictured or these? Same difference really ...

Oh and council must be wrong. The car never got nicked, egged or keyed.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
Fishy, you owe us your thoughts on this car post a few miles of ownership... As I'm pondering a dabble in norfolks finest

Always be looking at the move after next they reckon, but maybe the next is exige plus beater or evora plus nothing ...

Hmm
^^^^ As he (Lee) says.

Plus the Evora after the M3 might not tick all the boxes e.g. Isofix? Have to try one. This is the dealer where AE and MQ's daughter tried them back in time. Looks like they have dropped the Jaguar franchise they used to have I think. But if you are keeping the S the F is not in the mix.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

i dont use isofix, it's a feckin gimic. i just permafixed a sprog bucket in both cars
but i get the idea...

i am off next week so might try and go look at a few things. the missus is also off (against plan)
Old 08-19-2013, 05:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I can say that the test drive felt like a fast and low 2cv. That's all I have in my experience to compare it with. It feels very basic and the seats feel like hard boards. It was not built with comfort in mind. Going by lorries seemed scary as it's so low. I might just do a roads home. Don't fancy taking it on a motorway. Too dangerous.

Its the most excited I have been for a new car I'm years and years. I woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep. Really excited for it. Hope it all pans out. If it's half what I had as an experience with the s, it'll be great.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 AM

Like to see this machine. Serious offer of lift from station - PM me.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
It was an absolute minter. Really was a fab example. Mine now well, 400 quid of it is, until I collect!
Congratulations Colin.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arsie
Hi Arsie,

Really appreciate the offer.

The train journey is so long, I don't arrive until 1pm and the seller is meeting me so we can get the draft together for him to deposit. Then it's 30 mins to his and then 4 hrs home. I just won't have the time but I'll certainly post a review.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by arsie' timestamp='1376921655' post='22732297
Hi Arsie,

Really appreciate the offer.

The train journey is so long, I don't arrive until 1pm and the seller is meeting me so we can get the draft together for him to deposit. Then it's 30 mins to his and then 4 hrs home. I just won't have the time but I'll certainly post a review.
ok understand it's all very tight. should have realised the buyer would be acting helpful. good luck!

(My Dad after my Mum died used to catch the same train, from Alfreton to us. A long ride but anything that runs across country rather than the tedious up to London-tube-down again is so useful)
Old 08-20-2013, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I can say that the test drive felt like a fast and low 2cv. That's all I have in my experience to compare it with. It feels very basic and the seats feel like hard boards. It was not built with comfort in mind. Going by lorries seemed scary as it's so low. I might just do a roads home. Don't fancy taking it on a motorway. Too dangerous.

Its the most excited I have been for a new car I'm years and years. I woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep. Really excited for it. Hope it all pans out. If it's half what I had as an experience with the s, it'll be great.
I can remember when I got mine. The journey back on the motorway was shocking. I instantly thought how the hell have I spent this much money on somethign that feels this scary and awful on the road. Turned off the motorway and on to an A road and put my foot down and never looked back.

As a weekend car nothing touches it. It's exciting to open the garage and just see it in there. What amazes me most is the way that on cold tyres it feels absolutely awful and you wonder where all the grip has gone. As the tyres warm the grip comes back you feel like your in a GP car. It's incredible that you can feel that level of interaction.

When do you get it?

Quick Reply: Looking for Lotus advice