Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Would you drive this?

Old 10-15-2013, 07:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
My BM has gunk in and a compressor. I guess the issue is size as the rears are massive. As Rob says it's rare so the AAs new job IMO
Mine also. I was quite surprised at the silly secret compartment under the boot floor. I was expecting to see an inflatable dingy tyre or something Poor form from BMW to ditch the spare wheel or even room to fit one in, I mean, what were they thinking!... that run flats are the way forward? They are the way backward IMO. Foolish from BMW, foolish.

All this lack of service talk has had me in fits of giggles, c'mon its not all women that are ignorant. I remember viewing that "dog" S2000 on here that was for sale, from Hereford. I think I could be allowed to say it was as atrocious a sports car you could ever imagine. Lacked service( was told before viewing there was loads), lacked care and HE claimed it was in excellent condition. Yeh.. in excellent condition for turning into Baked Bean cans. I've no problem buying a cat D, or a car that requires a bit of TLC/attention.... so long as its cheap and won't owe me much if it fails. When you look for a minter (ish), you expect something impressive, I guess. Exterior had more so many door dings (10-15 on each side, I kid you not), I reckon this RAF kid took it to war with him! Plus it was running on Michelin Primacy, which made the car "edgy" , cocked steering wheel, leaking rear diff, aircon compressor was BROKEN not a re-gas. Huge rip in the red leather bolster... No history wallet. The wheels were average condition, bubbling on rear arch. If only I had Skype called him, so he could show me the condition. Hmmmmm. Ever been angry with a seller like above?
This was the Hereford dog....
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/900...#entry21921376

Love servicing mine, its theraputic. EGR removal this weekend, stripped and de-coked. Inspection of breather unit.. inspection of MAF. Just part of looking after a derv
Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 AM

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
You know what that bird needs? Do you? Do you? I know what she needs.

She needs time in a secure unit on a diet of amytriptyline.
Ah... amytriptyline.. fine stuff. I remember halucinating off that cr*p for about 6 months, after my whiplash incident. Powerful and effective.

Although it did give me weird bursts of Tourettes. Seriously...
Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

my missus treats her car like a f@#king mobile skip
she has that attitude but is too smart to tell anyone, leaving it to me to get the f@#king thing serviced.

has driven the S once this year i think. i shat myself all day.

she's driven the BM once and ended up doing 110 leptons before she noticed.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Women. KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Please.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:59 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now now guys can be just as bad.

I've run a few cars into ground. Usually 3-400 quid bangers it's not worth the expenditure of servicing consumables on because something else will render it unroadworthy before any damage is done by not running fresh oil.

And I've a few guy mates who's cars are only serviced because it's a company car or their dad makes them.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM

Come on. Women are worse at this shit. I blame them.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Had a 57 plate Corsa in today to take for MOT, upon dropping it of he said Iv'e put new pads in last week but i think they need bedding in, go easy on it as it's only a cheapy that I have bought my Daughter to learn in,,,

Old 01-16-2014, 07:01 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Wish I got a photo of my friends E46 discs last week... vented, well kind of, the outter part of the rotor was as thin as a rizzla skin... tapped it with a hammer and it flaked and chipped off...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Had a 57 plate Corsa in today to take for MOT, upon dropping it of he said Iv'e put new pads in last week but i think they need bedding in, go easy on it as it's only a cheapy that I have bought my Daughter to learn in,,,

Some people will never learn. A set of discs v the life of his kid

Quick Reply: Would you drive this?