Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Chase Cam

Old 01-31-2006, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Chase Cam

Hello, Gang !

For those who may have some/any interest...the new PDR100 is FINALLY available for ordering. The first run is 200 units of which (at least) 75 have been ordered.
Expected arrival (at Chase Cam) of the first units is Feb 28. I should definitely have mine by WTD...woohoo!!

This is a recording unit which uses 'compact flash cards' on which to record, therefor you don' have to worry about moving parts....in a hostile environment.

If you wish more information...

http://www.chasecam.com/recorders/pdr.htm
Old 01-31-2006, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:39 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks good. Thanks Steve. I'll have mine by WTD.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:15 PM

Still thinking about this, but I just got my camcorder. Maybe I'll check out your guys action at WTD and see if I like.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:46 AM

I was hoping to have my video setup complete for the Zoo MED, or at least WTD...but that is looking doubtful. I got an email yesterday from ChaseCam, saying that (basically) it will probably be late April...at the earliest...before the PDR100 will be ready .

On the plus side...they have redesigned the case from plastic to extruded aluminum...so it should be much more rugged...and they are trying to make some additional refinements...then they have to nail-down the software coding...to make it all work. Overall...I think it will be a great product...once it is completed...unfortunately, we just have to wait longer .

Here is a copy of Randy's email:

A note to our customers-

I would like to give you a status report on our product development, specifically on the PDR100 which has generated a lot of interest and excitement.

First though, let me apologize if you have not received a timely email response or returned phone call from our company. ChaseCam has become more successful and our ability to deal with the level of activity (including orders) has become an issue. Each day we find ourselves getting many phone calls and emails (over 200 each day) and are lacking the capacity to handle the traffic. We have been struggling with this and recently brought in a new employee to help out. At the same time, dealing with communication has impacted to some extent, our product development. There have been days where at the end of the day, I have done nothing but answer phone calls, and a number of calls coming in have gone to voicemail and I have been the bottleneck of the engineering.

My goal, is to get the company to the point where we can always be on top of the communication and can respond immediately to our customers and our dealers. I think we can get there and I am committed to reaching that goal and working towards it every day.

Development on the PDR has continued. There has been a few instances of taking 2 steps forward, and one step back along the way though. In some cases, we have decided to add some new features which we think are worth the impact on schedule. We also decided to undergo a complete case redesign and put aside our earlier molded plastic case in favor of an all aluminum extruded enclosure. The new enclosure will be the basis for a number of ChaseCam products and we feel this will be more rugged. There were hundreds and hundreds of details to be worked out, and the good news is that we are past almost all of those decisions. We are now at the stage that the main schedule points are vendor delivery of a couple of key parts, and software code development.

Aluminum case molds were done. We have the cases in hand. We have prototype printed circuit boards in hand. There are a few plastic/rubber custom molded pieces on the new PDR and we are waiting for parts to come off the mold. This should happen in around 2 weeks.

The critical path point now on our schedule is software. And software can be hard to nail down as far as declaring a date when it will be done. We believe we have two to three weeks left of software development. Today is March 27th, that would put completion around middle of April.

Sorry for the delays. I hope you agree that in the end, it will have been worth the wait and frustration. I know it will be. As I said, we are excited about this product and some of the other new products coming out this year.

By the way, our pre-order list is just about sold out for the first 200 units. If you are on our list, we will be contacting you soon to verify shipping information, if we have not verified this information recently. Our next production run will be for 1000 units with anticipated shipping around 4 weeks after we ship out the first 200 units.

Randy Chase
ChaseCam
Old 03-28-2006, 11:58 AM

For some reason, I expected that would happen.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, that's not entirely unexpected. I trust Randy, though and I know it'll be worth the wait.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:30 PM

I am confused. Does this take the place of the camcorder or does it go between the bullet cams and the camcorder? Please elaborate.

Deiger
Old 03-28-2006, 01:51 PM

Your bullett cam will connect right into the PDR100...which will record your video (and audio) on a compact flash card.

Yes...it basically replaces a camcorder...best of all...no moving parts to upset...while taking a 'leisurely' drive along the curvy roads or tracks.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by sheadlee,Mar 28 2006, 06:51 PM
Your bullett cam will connect right into the PDR100...which will record your video (and audio) on a compact flash card.

Yes...it basically replaces a camcorder...best of all...no moving parts to upset...while taking a 'leisurely' drive along the curvy roads or tracks.

Thanks!

Deiger

Quick Reply: Chase Cam