Carolinas A Better Place to Be

JUST GOT A TICKET!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mlc
Originally Posted by Saki GT' timestamp='1347404146' post='22004921
ALWAYS hire a lawyer.

Never take a Prayer for Judgement.

Never just take "nine over" if you can avoid it.
In Wake county they will NOT reduce speeding tickets anything below 9 over, ask me how I know. Each county works differently so it depends.

The Prayer for Judgement is used only if you have several other infractions as a last chance.
Yeah, the Wake Co DA is a real hard-ass when it comes to speeding, for no real reason. OP isn't in Wake Co though...
Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well sad thing is I was only doing 40mph. No weaving no cars within 60ft of me. Said cop heard my exhaust and tires whilst I was exiting a u turn. To avoid collision I gave it more throttle and I was in first gear so 467whp+ 1st gear= squeaky tires. Doesn't help you can hear me 2 miles away. No cat, resonator, or muffler
Old 09-12-2012, 02:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lol, sounds like a cop magnet.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtB
Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1347449140' post='22005837
Valentine V1-$399...

Don't ever count on it to keep you out of a ticket. Hand held laser and instant on will nail you. I use my detector to keep me out of 9 over tickets.
^true, this thing does help reduce your risk
Old 09-12-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least you didn't go to jail. boost =points=fines= no drivers licensce=moped.lol.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Welp I got tagged today at a point where I KNOW there are cops all the time.(540 overpass traveling on 64) Had to pass a work truck spewing dirt, debris, and wood chips all over the highway. As I passed LASER! Cop was super nice. Reduced to 15 over and suggested I could go to court and would very likely get a further reduction. Don't need points as I am going to switch insurance over to NC soon. No priors for many many years luckily. Guess I should start saving for V1 but still probably wouldn't have helped me with this situation.

Push out the SC upgrade for another paycheck or two.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

REDUCED to 15 over? LOL. How much over were you actually going? I'd lawyer up. I never trust the judicial system to work in my favor if I go it alone. You're pretty much guaranteed to have it dropped to some bogus equipment charge if you dish out for a lawyer. There's no guarantee that the judge won't be in a bad mood the day you try to go to court and get it reduced yourself.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may behoove you to get a Prayer for Judgment Continued. Basically you enter a guilty plea but they don't "enter" the charge--it basically becomes pending until you get another violation, at which point it can be levied against you. However, after if you don't have any issues in 3 years, it drops off as if it never happened.

Not sure if that's the best choice for you, but I'd recommend a lawyer. Wake County doesn't do improper equipment, but no points are incurred if you get a 9 over or less and your driving record was previously clean.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
As I passed LASER! Cop was super nice. Reduced to 15 over and suggested I could go to court and would very likely get a further reduction.
Damn bro, really- how fast were you? It's 70MPH limit at that point, and if you were going over 85mph then they were smiling at you as you got an easy ticket! They just want that easy money to come in..
Old 06-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

I was under 80!(take it easy) I don't think a lawyer is necessary. Worst case they say NO and I have to pay the ticket and get a point. Best case(I think) they lower to 9 over and no points and I pay the fine.(what I am hoping for and fine with that) I have a clean record many years of good luck! Being new to the state I hope they might go easy on me for a first time offense as a new resident.

Cop said he would write it up as I was very nice, pleasant and such.(not a douche) Seemed very encouraging to show up EARLY and get out EARLY. Said he has done similar write-ups for others and it has worked out well for them.

Oh and learned that you pull to the left lane if they have someone pulled over(it's the law) as the 2nd car behind the officer pulled out and stopped someone that passed in the right lane.

Quick Reply: JUST GOT A TICKET!