Carolinas A Better Place to Be

?Vehicle Inspection Stations?

Old 02-27-2008, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?Vehicle Inspection Stations?

I am going to FL (where i am originally from) for leave to see my family this week and i planned on registering my car down there, the thing is when i got all of my stuff brought back to me when i got back from Iraq the bag where i put my title at didnt have it in there. So i have to go through the process of getting a new title but by the time i get it in hand i will be back in NC and dont know when i will be able to get to FL again. My inspection was due in March 2007. My question is, does anyone know where i can throw someone some extra cash and get the sticker under the table until i can get to FL again?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:08 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

You don't need the title to get the state inspection here,only the registration.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:41 AM

i know i need the title to re-register my vehicle for florida. I cant pass inspection here b/c i am running an inlinepro turbo kit + AEM EMS. My inspection expired March 2007. We dont have inspections in FL.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, i would try to re-register it in FL some how with out driving down there. You could try some local place and give them $100 that might be worth it to them.... Its a huge fine if they get busted!

-Doug
Old 02-27-2008, 08:48 AM

Thats what i hear, i have tried several places and everyone says they cant b/c there is some new system now where it has to get hooked up to a machine. It's ridiculous, there is no way there is no boosted S2k's in NC (besides Greddy). There has to be a way to hold me over until i can go down to FL again.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 AM

PM'd
Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm'd
Old 02-27-2008, 10:32 AM

it goes by county...some counties are emission, some are safety only. My suggestion is find one thats safety only...otherwise you are subject to the OBDII emmision scan (which shoudlnt even be an issue if you have no "Check Engine" light on. Biggest thing they might get you for is if you have a test pipe, but you can bolt the cat. right back in easily enough. Also, everything older than the MY '95 is safety only as well.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by bluegas68,Feb 27 2008, 11:32 AM
it goes by county...some counties are emission, some are safety only. My suggestion is find one thats safety only...otherwise you are subject to the OBDII emmision scan (which shoudlnt even be an issue if you have no "Check Engine" light on. Biggest thing they might get you for is if you have a test pipe, but you can bolt the cat. right back in easily enough. Also, everything older than the MY '95 is safety only as well.
i talked to a state inspection place and they said it can be done in any county in NC. It would be easy if all i had was a test pipe, but i am running an InlinePro kit + AEM EMS which isnt OBDII compatible. Thats why i am asking where i can get one "under the table".
Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 AM
mlc

In NC I thought it needed to be done in the county that you reside in. I live in wake county and tried to have it done in Franklin and they told me that I had to have it done in Wake.

Not sure if that is the case.

mlc

Quick Reply: ?Vehicle Inspection Stations?