Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Charlotte, NC: 2002 AP1, Black, 58k miles, almost stock, no stories!

Old 08-24-2017, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Charlotte, NC: 2002 AP1, Black, 58k miles, almost stock, no stories!

First Name: Jeff
Price: $14,900 $14,250
Year: 2002, AP1
Mileage: 58,450
Title/History: Clean title, no accidents, clean CarFax, 3 owners, never on a racetrack
Modifications: Intake, exhaust, head unit…that's it!
Details: Scroll down.

Details about the Car
I'm offering up my beautiful 2002 for the next owner to enjoy. After owning a 1998 Integra Type R for a number of years, I desperately wanted its RWD equivalent. I always viewed the S2000 as exactly that, and knew I'd eventually own one. For one reason or another however, they always seemed to elude me. When I sold my Type R in '02 I worked my way through various other cars…350Z, C5 Z06, CTS-V, etc. About a year and a half ago this S2000 fell into my lap via one of my coworkers. His brother was dealing with complications related to a serious illness, and could no longer afford to keep the car. He was the second owner, and he installed an aftermarket stereo head unit, an intake, and a Scorpion exhaust a couple years ago. Other than that, the car is stock, and has remained so during my ownership.

When I got the car early last year I gave it a good freshening…engine oil, tranny oil, differential oil, brake fluid, cabin air filter, paint correction, etc. I also added a few accessories…Modifry soft top straps, center console divider, & cup holder, as well as Rick's floor mats. I wasn't crazy about the black on black monotone look, so I added some Clazzio seat covers with red centers for a little visual punch. Finally, I bought it some new shoes…Volk CE28N's because…well, because every iconic Japanese sportscar obviously needs a set of Volks!

Exterior
Overall paint is in excellent glossy condition with very few swirl marks. There is one very slight ding near the driver door handle, but it's tough to capture. The front splitter/bumper have some small speckling/rock chips as would be expected after 50k miles. The hood also has some small marks etched into that I couldn't remove with my meager detailing skills. There isn't any rust on the car, as it wasn't driven in the winter. To my knowledge the soft top is original to the car, and it has one small slit on each side in the usual areas. I've never driven the car on a rainy day, so I honestly have no idea if the top would leak or not (it doesn't leak at when I wash the car). I've factored the soft top condition into my asking price. If you plan to use the car as a fair weather cruiser like I have, you won't have any issues with it.

Interior
The interior is also in very nice condition. Very few people have sat in the passenger seat. The driver side has the usual slightly squashed lower left pad and some wear on the side bolster. The last owner wasn't particularly 'big-boned,' so there aren't any tears, rips, etc. on the driver seat. There are no smells, stains, or other weird funkiness inside. Exhaust: The exhaust on the car is a fairly rare one from a company out of England called Scorpion. They design systems for the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). My company (Essex Parts Services) imported and sold them for a period of time. It is very much a 'grown-up' exhaust, which is why I left it on the car. It sounds almost indistinguishable from a stock car at low revs and cruising speeds, with zero drone. You can only really tell it's not stock at full throttle, and it sounds awesome. Scorpion Exhausts Honda S2000 1999, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04

What comes with the car
The car will come with the OEM wheels (in good condition). The front tires are in good condition, and I just put brand new Continentals in the OEM size on the rear. The OEM exhaust can be included if the new owner wants it. If the new owner wants the Volks/tires, they'll have the option to purchase them for an additional $2,000. They're in as-new condition and only have a few hundred miles on them. To buy the same wheel/center cap/tire package new would be well over $3k. The Clazzio seat covers in the pics are gone and will not be included.

Why am I selling?
At nearly 6'4" with very long legs, I just can't seem to find a way to fit comfortably in this car without taking out the steering wheel. I fit in my Miata. I fit in my MR2. I fit in just about everything else, but I just can't get comfy in this car. I tried a racing bucket seat, but it still wasn't working for my situation. The inability to move the steering wheel seems to be the root of the problem. I thought about trying a different steering wheel, but my wife also drives it occasionally. I didn't want her driving around without an airbag. Since she's a foot shorter than me, finding a seat that works for both of us is not easy anyway. In summary, this is a low miles, no stories, well-cared for car at a reasonable asking price. I think whomever ends up with it will be very pleased with it. It's a great example of an AP1, and IMO the 2002 model year is one of the most desirable of the entire S2000 production run. You get the screaming 9,000 RPM redline, with all of the little updates and creature comforts that were added after the '01 model year. I have worked in the automotive aftermarket industry for fifteen years and have a stellar reputation. I keep my cars nice, and represent them properly. I have been on S2ki since the year 2000. You can see my business profile here, and you can buy with confidence.

Last edited by J Ritt; 10-03-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:59 AM

I had a deposit on the car, but the deal fell through. It is available again.

A couple more details that came up in discussions with potential buyers:
  • All 10 VIN locations are intact and match on the car, and they match the firewall and windshield VIN
  • None of the fender bolts under the hood show any sign that they were ever adjusted, loosened, or tampered with.
  • The tires on OEM wheels are good enough to get the car home. The fronts are at about 1/2 tread, and although the rears are pretty bald, there is no cord showing, etc. The tires on the OEM wheels hold pressure perfectly. They've been under my house for the past year and a half since I bought the car, and they were all at 26 psi when I pulled them out to inspect them.

Thanks!

Last edited by J Ritt; 08-30-2017 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 09-14-2017, 10:06 AM

Lots of emails, texts, and phone calls, but nobody can seem to make it happen! Price reduced...$14,250...$14k even if you don't want the Clazzio's.

Last edited by J Ritt; 09-14-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:31 AM

The OEM wheels are back on the car, with brand new Continental tires on the rear. The Volks will be sold separately.

I've had numerous requests for some pics of the seats without the covers, so here they are. They are in good shape...no holes, tears, rips, etc.

Last edited by J Ritt; 10-02-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:52 AM

I have another deposit on the car. Hopefully the buyer can make it happen this time! Thanks.