The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

The Glory Of Bacon Grease...

Old 08-10-2021, 01:28 PM

Received 1,548 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
Fry mine in my big ol cast iron skillet too. I mean, baking it is ok ... still like it better out of the skillet. Just throw it on a small bread cooling rack over some paper towel to drain it while cooking eggs in the little cast iron skillet Needless to say, I love my cast iron skillets. The small one I use for my eggs was from my moms first set of skillets in about 1965
I miss the restaurant-grade fry pan I had from my step-grandmother. Mrs. Trunkie threw it out after it had finally bent or warped or something. I'd definitely go back to the food-service grade stuff again if I had the choice.
Old 08-16-2021, 05:29 PM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

yea, I hear ya on the pan cooking, I'm at a crossroads... when I say superior, i mean, manageable, more evenly cooked, overall cleaner, consistent tasting, but it's missing that memory of bacon flavor I have and the iron brings it back, the iron is pretty rockin, can't quantify it yet, but just something I experienced recently. Maybe we're trying to hard to optimize bacon makin. I have to smooth the irons and re-season.... just lazy, they're sitting here 5 feet away waiting for service, one got rusted when it sat for a while, and the other just has a bumpy face... We have two nice steel pans as well. As our technique improved we stopped using no-stick.... it just wasn't really needed and we could use metal on metal the way Jesus Hieronymus Christ intended...