Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

I, Tonya

Old 06-11-2018, 09:46 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts
Default I, Tonya

Holy crap I don't know where to start.

I am old enough to remember this whole kerfuffle, and how she was portrayed in the media. This movie will make you rethink everything you thought.

I am not anywhere near an SJW, in fact the farthest from it. But the scenes of domestic violence she suffered were, I don't know how to describe it, realistic and just plain sad. While you always get images of ten million "communities" who don't get a fair shake, watch what this movie and see what happens to "white trash".

I don't know if the storyline is true, and her involvement was minimal, and I could not give two sh**s about figure skating. You never think you could have some sympathy for a person well this movie will change that.

There are some movies that put thoughts into your head and make you think about them long afterward, this is one of those. BTW, Margo Robbie is great in this.

For all my thoughts that Tonya was just some throw away person who was just some figure skater I could not care less about, if I saw her today I would walk up and give her a hug and wish her the best. When you see the film during the end credits you will see, she was really good if not the best in the world at the time.

Watch this movie.

Last edited by vader1; 06-15-2018 at 10:48 AM.