Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

AMERICAN MADE- more Tom Cruise awesomeness

Old 10-14-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts
Default AMERICAN MADE- more Tom Cruise awesomeness

Just got back from the theatre with April after catching Cruise's latest, American Made. The same people who brought us The Edge of Tomorrow (Live. Die. Repeat. - rated 9/10 by me) bring us this fun, based on a true story movie.

Tom Cruise has been "hired' by the CIA to bring them intel in the course of him doing what he loves- the danger and adventure of flying. It has a basis in the 80's during the adventures down in central America with the Sandinistas and later Iran- Contra affair. I remember when this was a thing as a kid, but really, even after all these years, never really thought anything more about it. The movie tells us a little about how the US government was involved, but really, its about the main character and how his adventures impact them.

Its a fun, sick movie and I really enjoyed it. Come to think, I've never seen a bad Tom Cruise movie (don't say the Mummy- i haven't seen it). We were thinking of bringing the kids (nearly 15 and nearly 12), but I don't think they'd get it. There's a few F bombs, minimal sex, no nudity.

I give it an 8.5/10- its a really good date night movie.

darcy
​​​​​​​

I give this an 8.5/10.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:30 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I just saw this on hbo. It's ok..., without Tommy it would be an average film about the cia, graft, corruption, guns, drugs, etc....I give it a 5 outta 10 cause it explained in it's own way the Iran Contra Affair better than I have seen it explained in the news of those times. What a mess it was. Also, good action sequences are included.