Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

True Detective

Old 03-12-2014, 01:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default True Detective

The series is now over and if you have not seen it, don't read any more of this.

This is the best TV series I have seen in recent memory. 8 episodes on HBO. Stars mathew Mcconnehy, Woody Harrleson (sp) and a host of unknowns. Produced by the stars as well. Excellent casting, direction, sets, photography, appropriate music, and best of all the writing. The main characters, state cops, catch a grisly murder on the first day they team up.

I smell emmys, but its even better than that.

Set in Louisiana, from 1995-2002-2012 it's essentially a buddy picture that doesn't dwell on the relationship. The relationship evolves as does the story as new clues are found, people are interviewed, facts analyzed, and characters appear. Its a murder mystery, serial murder of course, DARK, moody, atmospheric, and sometimes rather slow moving...all the better to suck you in and keep you interested.

These are deeply flawed men who try and do the right thing more often than the wrong.

There is some action a couple of times and a pretty good climax where most of it is tied together....but what you continue to want is the dialogue and interaction of the two main characters. Its a story of light vs. dark, bad men who do bad and bad men to keep those bad men from our doors.

The series, True Detective, will air again on HBO with different characters each time,so this is it for these characters/this story.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome show, some of the best TV as of late. Loved the story and dark undertones. Matthew and Woody were excellent, sad they won't be in the next season but understandable as their story closed out and they got old.

Also, episode 2...epic titties
Old 04-10-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked it...dark and amazing acting really, best I have seen from Matthew M. And if you are referring to Alexandria Daddario and her body, yes, epic indeed.

Can you believe she did the Percy Jackon movie just a few years ago!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:53 AM

^ he nailed it i gota admit daddario chic is hot her body is awesome.. something about her in percy jackson and texas chainsaw movie..

but to be honest the directing writing and cinematography is SUPERB in this series... (had the shades of "Seven" by brad pitt and Morgan F.)

I know it may start off slow but this series is def a must see.. give it a chance the first episode maybe kinda boring i get that but give the story a chance it will blow you away.. im still iffy about the ending.. but nonetheless its a great series..basically an 8 hour movie its what it is
Old 04-11-2014, 08:55 AM

acting wise woody harrelson and matt m did a superb job.. i never liked them both before as actors but after seeing this i now i understand how matt , won an oscar recently.. i just hope they find a good cast for true detective season 2 ( rumours as of late is that brad pitt and del toro is in the running)