Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Official dates for Wake the Dragon 2004 >>> April 16th, 17th and 18th

Old 11-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The time has come to announce the 2nd Annual Wake the Dragon event for S2000's!

The Dragon, an 11 mile section of US129 that runs from Tennessee to North Carolina. It boasts 318 curves in those 11 miles and it surely has brought about a bit of attention for folks wanting to test the performance and handling of their sports cars, bikes and more. It's become a tradition where we, as an S2000 community, join in making the run of the Dragon an event. And it is just that, a great time to meet fellow S2000 owners and enjoy some beautiful moutain scenery. Come on out and enjoy the Dragon in April when we WAKE the Dragon from it's winter sleep.

April 16th - Wake the Dragon 2004 starts at 4pm. This will be the "sign-in" portion of the event. Signing your liabilty waiver, receiving t-shirt and so on. Dinner will be on your own, however, there are several restaurants within walking distance from the Signature Inn.

Restaurants within walking distance of Signature Inn

April 17th - The day of the event. Detailed information will be included with your event registration packet. When I receive your registration fee, I will mail your event packet to your attention. This will include detailed information on the event and include all necessary items, name tag, meal tickets, etc. The only thing you'll need to pick up is an event t-shirt on the 16th at the Signature Inn. Lunch will be included (Subway - picnic style at Fontana Dam) but dinner is on your own.

April 18th - The day of goodbyes! We begin to leave from another get together and driving event. Folks will be washing their S2000's and others will be making plans to run the Dragon just "one-more-time."

Our headquarters hotel will be the Signature Inn of Knoxville. 40 rooms have been reserved for this event at a great rate of $60 per night. Please be sure to use the code "Honda S2000 Club" when making your reservation. The Signature Inn is owned by Jameson Inn (so they are one in the same) and managed by Emily Moore, who formerly managed the Jameson Inn in Alcoa. This was considered a promotion for Emily and she contacted me so we could use her hotel. Emily has been extremely accomodating to our group and she knows how to make us happy with reserved parking and a marked car wash area.

With Signature Inn being based in Knoxville, varities of restaurants, from full-service to fast food will increase and the direct route to the Dragon is a big plus. You may recall (if you came to DragonBall Run 2003) that we had to make a few turns to get over onto US129. Also, the Signature Inn boasts larger rooms with built-in microwaves and fridges with every room. And the rate can't be beat!

Signature Inn of Knoxville
209 Marketplace Ln.
Knoxville, Tennessee 37922
Phone: 865-531-7444

Use code: HONDA S2000 CLUB for your Group Rate!

Registration Form and Payment Requirements

This event is "fee based." However, the regstration fee covers many of the "regular expenses" you would normally have with an organized event. Additional information is listed below.

Registration Fee for Driver/Owner: $30

Registration Fee for Guest/Passenger: $10

What does the Registration Fee include for the Driver/Owner?
  • Event T-Shirt with Event logo in any size
  • Event magnet (memorabilia piece) for your S2000
  • Event Registration Packet, includes maps and itinerary
  • Lunch on Saturday, April 17th at Fontana Dam
  • Raffle entry for Premium Giveaways from our Event Sponsors

What does the Registration Fee include for the Guest/Passenger?
  • Lunch on Saturday, April 17th at Fontana Dam

Extra Event T-Shirts in any size are available during the event for an additional $15. Place your order with your registration form.

Making your payment for Registration is EASY!
CLICK HERE for your Registration Form to mail in with your payment!

Any questions, comments and/or concerns, please share them here! Thanks and see everyone soon!

List of Attendees for our \"2nd Annual Wake the Dragon\" event!
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Total number of S2000's = 80
Total number of Enthusiasts = 121
Old 11-27-2003, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in!

Edit: Raul, +1 please
Old 11-28-2003, 06:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Maaaaaaan is it hard to think about April when you're belly is full of Thanksgiving turkey!

Count me in!

- Dave
Old 11-28-2003, 08:55 AM

I'm in!
Old 11-29-2003, 12:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Julie and I are in.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:30 PM
Former Moderator

Updated. And at work, no less.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:04 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

Old 12-03-2003, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell yeah I am in. I will set aside some vacation time to be able to go. My GOAL this year is to make it to all the events on time Last year I was sort of lost and didn't really get to drive with anyone, but still had a great time.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Former Moderator

Updated attendees along with NEW hotel information. We will use the Signature Inn of Knoxville as Emily Moore has been promoted from the Jameson Inn - Alcoa to the "SI" of Knoxville. It did'nt take much to sway me. Better rates, bigger rooms, a more direct route to the Dragon and being in Knoxville (I want to make a night run into the city, perhaps with Jeff to take some cool pictures).

Plus, take a look at the Signature Inn logo. It's a curve like the Dragon and an "S."

Old 12-04-2003, 05:33 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

How is Knoxville a more direct route? Not that I mind a change of venue (especially one close to Carraba's), but being in Knoxville is an extra 20-30 minutes to the Dragon.

Quick Reply: Official dates for Wake the Dragon 2004 >>> April 16th, 17th and 18th