Engine Swaps Discussion of alternate engine swaps into the S2000 other than F20/22. K24, 2JZ, V6, V8 etc...

K Swap vs building F22c

 
Old 08-31-2018, 05:04 PM
  #11  
 
riceball777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 3,002
Recieved 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by primetimeswole View Post
My approach with the k-swap was if the motor blew up after high boost, I would replace it at an affordable price of $1,000 or less.

As opposed to the F20 motors being sold at $5,000.
good condition s2000 engine long blocks can be had for about $3000 all day long. If your f20 blew i would highly suggest swapping a f22c because they do make significantly more hp and tq. You always buy jdm f20c for about $4000 with transmission all day long at JDM engine importers like hmotorsonline. i personally have bought a few f22's on ebay from taeusedautoparts813. with good sucess.

I have never seen s2000 engines sell for $5000. Hell a few years back you can buy a 100% new oem f22c short block from honda for about $3400.
riceball777 is offline  
Old 08-31-2018, 09:43 PM
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 1,084
Recieved 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

There is a good K Swap Facebook Group (god I hate Facebook groups, all of the knowledge will disappear in time)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1914...?ref=bookmarks

I think there is more money in a K swap than is immediately apparent and realistically a used F22 is going to come out thousands of dollars cheaper. That said, I would am interested in one when the day comes.
I think your $6k estimate is probably a couple grand low, if you're building something turn-key ironed out up front that will safely see the track.
Chibo is offline  
The following users liked this post:
primetimeswole (09-06-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 09:47 PM
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 1,084
Recieved 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Also, look into the 2nrs swap parts, I'd take them over Ballade any day.
Chibo is offline  
Old 08-31-2018, 11:16 PM
  #14  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Recieved 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
good condition s2000 engine long blocks can be had for about $3000 all day long. If your f20 blew i would highly suggest swapping a f22c because they do make significantly more hp and tq. You always buy jdm f20c for about $4000 with transmission all day long at JDM engine importers like hmotorsonline. i personally have bought a few f22's on ebay from taeusedautoparts813. with good sucess.

I have never seen s2000 engines sell for $5000. Hell a few years back you can buy a 100% new oem f22c short block from honda for about $3400.
Thanks for this insight. Would you say the F20 F22 motors are becoming rarer by the day?

The major deterrent of sticking with the F motors is the fact we cannot rebuild these motors like a K motor. Nonetheless, I was not aware of the $3,000 price range so I will give more thought into just sticking with an F build.
primetimeswole is offline  
Old 08-31-2018, 11:19 PM
  #15  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Recieved 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Chibo View Post
There is a good K Swap Facebook Group (god I hate Facebook groups, all of the knowledge will disappear in time)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1914...?ref=bookmarks

I think there is more money in a K swap than is immediately apparent and realistically a used F22 is going to come out thousands of dollars cheaper. That said, I would am interested in one when the day comes.
I think your $6k estimate is probably a couple grand low, if you're building something turn-key ironed out up front that will safely see the track.
Awesome feedback. Do you know any good sources that sell healthy F22c motors?
primetimeswole is offline  
Old 09-01-2018, 02:03 AM
  #16  
 
riceball777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 3,002
Recieved 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by primetimeswole View Post


Thanks for this insight. Would you say the F20 F22 motors are becoming rarer by the day?

The major deterrent of sticking with the F motors is the fact we cannot rebuild these motors like a K motor. Nonetheless, I was not aware of the $3,000 price range so I will give more thought into just sticking with an F build.
since they do not make s2000 engine any more the answer would be yes they are getting rarer everyday. But no they are not rare nore hard to find and the going rate of a long block is $3,000 plus or minus $500.
riceball777 is offline  
Old 09-04-2018, 01:27 AM
  #17  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Recieved 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post


since they do not make s2000 engine any more the answer would be yes they are getting rarer everyday. But no they are not rare nore hard to find and the going rate of a long block is $3,000 plus or minus $500.
Thanks. Aside from the eBay listings, do you recommend any legitimate engine resellers?

Hmotorsonline sells the jdm f20 but that includes the transmission: $4k+
primetimeswole is offline  
Old 09-04-2018, 01:51 AM
  #18  
 
riceball777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 3,002
Recieved 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by primetimeswole View Post


Thanks. Aside from the eBay listings, do you recommend any legitimate engine resellers?

Hmotorsonline sells the jdm f20 but that includes the transmission: $4k+
engine resellers all only sell jdm f20c engines. besides hmotorsonline there are a lot of others but like i said they only have jdm f20c's. For f22c's you will have to get them at junk yards or when people crash their ap2's.

riceball777 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
primetimeswole (09-04-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 09:15 AM
  #19  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Recieved 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Chibo View Post
Also, look into the 2nrs swap parts, I'd take them over Ballade any day.
I tried to search for 2nrs k swap parts and was unable to find their website.

Do they just have a facebook page only?
primetimeswole is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 08:47 PM
  #20  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 1,084
Recieved 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by primetimeswole View Post
I tried to search for 2nrs k swap parts and was unable to find their website.

Do they just have a facebook page only?
Very likely
https://www.facebook.com/2nrsOfSpringfield/
Chibo is offline  

Quick Reply: K Swap vs building F22c


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands