Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

drive meets ...

Old 12-02-2006, 07:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default drive meets ...

Primo - please understand that I know I may seem oversensitive to what happened today. But, i've seen too many of those situations go terribly wrong and besides tarnishing the S2000 group as a whole ... the impact on those that could have been hurt is a thousand times more compelling.

I hope you guys had an enjoyable and incident free drive on the second leg.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what happend????? Everythig ok?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:58 AM

yeah, what's the scoop?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:09 AM

i'm not going to discuss details or names yet.

And this is not about someones ability to control a vehicle at limits ... it's about a person using good judgement and common sense when driving on public roads. Especially when the haste endangers the safety of other drivers that are not part of the group.

... in a nut-shell ... pass with care.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:40 AM

Group drive Rule #3: There is to be no passing. Ever.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Dec 2 2006, 12:40 PM
Group drive Rule #3: There is to be no passing. Ever.
Unless your passing slower traffic. I didn't see the incident first hand but I talked to the passer and he felt bad about it. Poor judgement indeed but you gotta do what you gotta do when you make a bad call or you end up worm food.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:25 AM

I did not see it either but the party involved is aware of the situation.

Bandiscoot: you are perfectly within your bounds with your concerns and if I had seen the event, I would have been the same way. the parties involved (outside of the group (the truck and cars involved) also expressed themselves quite clearly to me and him from what I am told so I think the situation was dealt with as much as it could have been abso-facto.

Our drives are spirited at times. While the lead vehicle made every attempt to set a medium pace and make the drive as enjoyable as possible, when the group gets broken or held up, people make sometimes less than perfect decisions while playing catch-up.

After that stop the rest of day was event free. I wish you could have justified staying but I am also fully aware of how you felt and do not blame you for leaving. I am bummed that you could not enjoy the rest of the day with us.

the party involved is aware and i will leave it at that. there should be no reason to fully call anyone out. it was an unfortunate lapse in judgement and the person is a good guy so lets try to put it behind us.

I hope this wont affect your event planning for next year. PM me with any further issues you want me to address and I will make every effort to help out.

RoB
Old 12-02-2006, 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=jvrabel,Dec 2 2006, 02:40 PM] Unless your passing slower traffic.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:13 PM

Well ... i have to be honest. This has severly affected my interest in these types of meets. Besides this incident ... does anyone know why the BMW was off in the grass in one of the first left-handers?

In my past experience of organized 'drives' it is best to establish the route several days ... if not weeks before the actual drive. That gives everyone the opportunity to study it (even virtually) and then the participants can become more comfortable with the route and will not be so strained to 'keep up'.

Keeping up with the group is a general interest ... but should not be so critical to endanger anyone. If ANYONE disagrees with that ... then say so ... that way the rest of us can make a decision about the future of our participation in these meets.

Sorry for the rant folks ... this scenario hits close to home.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:22 PM

The BMW blew a tire. I can give you his email if you would like to confront him about it.

Quick Reply: drive meets ...