Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

AP1 Intro & Questions

Old 10-20-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default AP1 Intro & Questions

I bought my very first S2000 almost 2 months ago and it has been the most fun I've had driving in a very long time. This car is an '00 with 148xxx miles, but the motor was refreshed and have documentation for it. It's a beautiful gray color and it sits just low enough to look aggressive but not low enough to scrape everywhere.

The car was purchased with a few modifications, and they are:
BC Coilovers--not crazy about them, will change them up but I don't know much about this yet.
-Moddiction front sway bar
-AP2 rear sway bar
-Blox front bumpsteer kit
-Fujitsibo Powergetter exhaust, also have the OEM
-Secondary pump delete
-Koya radiator
-AP2 banjo bolt

I am in the process of redoing the interior to look more modern, but I want to do some quality of small upgrades like seats and speakers, a color scheme, a new head unit, etc.

Now I come to the point where my personality demands more from my car. I want to go the forced induction route,
does anyone have any tips or tricks for someone in California? I don't want to put a limit on budget because I want to do this as well as I can.

What other upgrades or changes would you make to spruce up the car and make it a head turner? I just bought new door panels in the red and black scheme, and floor mats with "S2000" on them to start it off.

Any questions or comments are appreciated!
Old 10-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Sounds like you have a lot of things in mind down the road. I'd advise you to stay simple and do the cosmetic things first. Honestly, your personality can better be displayed in looks rather than all out performance, but that's just an opinion. People can always see your car and admire it without really caring how fast it is. I can't really tell you what to do since everyone modifies to taste but I'd be the first person to tell you what you shouldn't have done post-mod phase.

If you are going forced induction you must really trust the shop that freshened that engine.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome! Forced induction can be good and bad. As stated above talk to the shop that re-built the engine and get as many facts as you can on the build quality, do not guess about if they skimped here or skimped there on the rebuild. However since you said you would rather not put a limit on the budget I would personally just pull the engine out and "build" it, meaning low compression forged pistons and forged rods, better head gasket and good valvetrain. That way when you do boost it, it is not a guessing game at that point and you can run boost through it safely knowing what kind of internals you have. But either way you go forced induction is a beautiful thing, if done right!!
Old 10-30-2018, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as building the motor up... don’t. I’d scrap that block and buy another, lightly used, never rebuilt motor. I purchased a “rebuilt” motor with 112k on it, and it didn’t last long under forced induction. I was only only running 6psi off of a sos supercharger. But to each his own, as I forced myself to learn the hard way.(3rd engine)

As far as the FI goes, the supercharger I ran from sos is carb legal in all 50 states. Granted you can probably only run the stage 1 with the piggy back. Using a stand alone is more than likely going to fail an inspection.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:20 PM

I did end up deciding to do forced induction, but I am going to start small so I can get the gist of it. A lot of the labor is going to be me and my buddy who is a Honda expert and has a bunch of certifications, so I have no worries there. I got red and black door panels, and I am looking into new seats. So the interior right now is a scheme of black and red with the floor mats being black with S2000 embroidered in red. Any input on seats? Or know someone selling?
Old 11-04-2018, 04:22 PM

I looked into this with the shop that did the engine, and they have no concerns with the car's health, but they did recommend new rotors and a few other things like bushing replacements, battery mount, etc. Thank you for your input! The kit is the v2 vortech kit that was for sale on here not too long ago.