Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 11-25-2017, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally found a new 1973 Ford Capri

Hello all. My name is Marek. I live in North Vancouver. I just bough an 2002 S2000 yesterday, light blue colour. Not sure what the proper name for the colour is. It was originally sold in North Carolina imported into Canada in 2008. Carproof says it was rebuilt in summer 2017. I have the pictures of the damage and had a thorough inspection done before I bought it. It is only one day, but so far so good. It drives and brakes laser straight. No vibrations or any issues yet. Very tight car. Engine has under 97 000 Km.

What's is with the reference to the 1973 Ford Capri? It had a four speed manual transmission and a 2.6L V6. It was really beat up, but it was $300. It was all I could afford in the mid 80's. It was that car that I learned the difference between a sports car and other cars, like touring or muscle cars. I loved it, but it had some serious problems. Only car I ever owned that was self repairing. Another story for another time. Where was I before I was so rudely interrupted. Ah, yes, sports cars. Many years have passed waiting, raising a family, renovating, work, and life in general. Yesterday the wait ended. I drove it home in the rain and I couldn't stop smiling. I listened to the music all the way home. By the way what is that strange box for in the middle of the dash hidden behind a cover. I twiddled some knobs and a sound came out that drowned out the symphony of the engine. I understand it is called a stereo, but it made a noises that weren't as beautiful as the engine.

Only down side of the car...it is a convertible. Ugh. I had a 1967 Ford Mustang GT convertible (390ci, 4MT) in very bad shape. Learned very quickly, I don't like convertible. I know there is an aftermarket roof available. I understand it has issues. Honda factory roof's are hard to find and expensive. Maybe one day, I'll think about a roof.

I hope to start autocrossing in the summer. I really want to know the car. So I have to start with an oil change. Figure out what oil and how much. Car didn't come with an owners manual, but is see them on line. Also see service manuals on line. That is my next stop. Car needs floor mats, new high beam headlight, front spoiler installed, spare tire needs air, spare key and FOB, but otherwise seems great.

Cheers!
Marek
Old 11-25-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

^^^Congrats, sounds like you have Suzuka Blue.......see chart.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ta...rchive-739163/
Lei
The following users liked this post:
Rumski (11-25-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New guy here!

Hello everyone! New guy here, long time honda enthusiast and new owner of a 2006 NFR s2000. Hope to learn alot from everyone!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome all
Old 12-07-2017, 11:09 AM

Default New member looking for help

Hi, I am a new member who just started my search for an S2000 a couple weeks ago. I have looked at 5 vehicles so far and they are truly quite amazing to drive. I am currently looking at a 2006 NFR with all tags in good shape but with a rather rough lower front fascia. I think it used to have a lip installed. I would like to know where to go in the forum for some help on whether replacing the fascia would be a significant drop in value. Or would it be better to keep the fascia and just repaint or install a new lip to keep the original tag.
Thanks .
Old 12-07-2017, 12:29 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

While it is nice to have all the tags, many don't. This happens as people mod the car to their own likes or damage to OEM part. Look at it this way, would you pay more for a car that needs repair because it has a sticker or for one that has been fixed or modified to your liking.
Levi
Old 12-07-2017, 12:56 PM

Thanks. great point.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:44 AM

Hello, just signed on here. Looking to own an S2000 for a weekend fun car. Currently waiting for that right car to come along to join the club! If anyone knows of a good one in the socal area let me know! Would prefer unmodded, in red/white/yellow.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hey everyone!

hey all! first ever AP1 and it's been a learning curve! love the car, handles like a dream. everything as it sits was done before me. i've done minor maintenance just getting it 100 percent before i dive into anything substantial. looking into boosting her in the future and swapping some Aero. glad to join the club!

Old 01-02-2018, 08:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Giving Up Sport Bikes

Greetings everyone. First post here but have been reading the forum for a while now. I’ve had a number of great cars over the years, my favorites being a 240SX SE with the four wheel steering package HICAS and most recently a 2005 Miata that was totaled thanks to an SUV.

I’ve ridden sport bikes with a number of track days under my belt, including the California Superbike School. But my gut says it’s time to retire, both street and track, and the bikes are going up for sale in the spring.. So that lead me to the hunt for another car and subsequently here. Riding almost exclusively Honda for the last 25 years it’s not surprising why I have settled on an S2000 over a Mazdaspeed Miata. I’m looking forward to learning more, since this is the best place to be and even more stoked to choose the right S when she pops up. Likely an 08-09 with under 20K miles. Ready to buy when the pristine example becomes available.

Brady

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II