Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 05-24-2018, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, I've been a member here almost as long as I've had my GPW 2007. But just started logging in again. From Bothell, WA.... I'll just say SEATTLE, since folks get confused. Life long HONDA fan and tuner in my younger years.
She was once my daily, but in recent years I've had to make time for her to get some vitamin D. She's all stock, except for a K&N Filter w/ stock box. I told myself once I had her paid off, I would put in some work... Well, it's been many years now, so I think it's time. I'll be looking around for ideas and best practices from everyone. Not too much... I'm thinking suspension, some bolt-ons, and new sneakers. I just like them clean. And I promised to hold on to her, until my oldest can have her. She's only 6...so until then, she's still mine! LoL!! I look forward to networking with everyone!
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 AM

Default New Member

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been searching in these forums for quite some time now but haven't actually joined and thought today I'd pull the trigger. I've always wanted an S2000 and took the leap about a year ago. I have have been meticulously building the car over the past year. I was lucky to find an AP1 that I bought from a car collector that only had 25K miles on it. I have added many tasteful mods to the car. I just found these discontinued Rays Engineering Volk RE30 offset rims from Japan specifically made for the S2000. I reconditioned the rims and powder-coated them back to the original finish and wrapped them in Toyo Proxes. I'm based in Florida let me know if any other members are. Look forward to meeting and speaking with you all.

Respectfully,

Casey

03 AP1, Volk RE30 with Toyo Proxes
Old 05-27-2018, 10:01 AM

Just came from an e36 M3. Trying the s2k world out
Old 06-02-2018, 01:01 AM

Hi everyone.
Bought this a few months ago. Gradually working through a few issues from the previous owner leaving it sitting in his garage for too long.
Alex from Sydney

Old 06-05-2018, 09:00 AM

Smile Original S2K Owner Here

I bought my red Honda S2000 new back in 2003 and (so far) have put only 62,000 miles on it. (I have other vehicles.) I joined up hoping to meet other owners for outings and road trips -- any excuse to get it out of the garage for more than just a drive around town. I live in North Central Washington, where the sun mostly shines and the roads are wide open.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello!

So I just made a account since i just bought my first s2k! Shes a 2001 silver with black interior. Bone stock with 68k original miles. Looking forward to learning lots from you all!
Old 06-09-2018, 07:09 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossmosis
So I just made a account since i just bought my first s2k! Shes a 2001 silver with black interior. Bone stock with 68k original miles. Looking forward to learning lots from you all!
Congrats on the purchase. I recently bought a similar car with 80k on it. Curious what the market was like in your area?

I can tell you one thing. I find excuses to run errands on sunny days now.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:13 AM

Talking

Hello, everyone! I just purchased my first Honda S2000!

It's been long overdue to be honest. I've owned a good number of cars (closing in on 30), 4 of which were Miata's. So now it's time to give Honda's roadster a try.

I didn't want to spend too much because I already have a 2011 Audi S4 as a daily. This would strictly be a weekend car (possibly track car if my friends and I can pull some resources together).

So I looked all over Craigslist for the right one for the right price.

2001 Honda S2000
203,800 miles on the odometer (Title branded: Not-Actual Mileage)
It was originally Silverstone Metallic, but it was repainted Dark Cherry Pearl
Modifications include: Megan Coil-overs, ESR 18" Wheels with stretched tires (not a fan), no-name cheap intake, not sure if OEM front bumper with definitely not OEM lip, random accessories like battery tie-down, shift knob, radiator stays, antenna delete, etc.
Paid $6,750 (Advertised as $8,000)

Onto the pictures!

I know if I spent a bit more, i could of gotten better, but I wanted something cheap so we can tinker with. So why spend an extra 4-5 grand for 70k less mileages when I'd want to rebuild the engine, swap out bushings, overhaul interior/exterior anyways?

The priority right now is to do perform some basic maintenance and get a baseline of completed service history other than what the previous owner told me:
New wheels/tires
New Brake pads
New rear axles
Old 06-19-2018, 03:31 AM

Smile Michigan Newbie

Greetings,

Just purchased a 2004 AP2 S2000. Only 75,000 original miles. Been waiting 18 years for this day. I'm a happy guy!!

Geof
Old 06-21-2018, 07:25 AM

Hello! Bought an 04 Rio Yellow back in December, and have been fixing its problems ever since. Battery, Map sensor, Propeller shaft regrease, all exhaust gaskets, TCT, coil pack, inner axle CV swap ( still need to do this ) Axle nuts, Trunk rust, New propeller shaft bolts. but the driveshaft is clunking when applying throttle or changing gears, so that needs replacement next. Way too much play in the shaft imo. But the compression is spot on @ 126,000 miles. 250,240,240,240
Just did a valve adjustment ( 3 times actually, had it done @ toyota and it diddnt come out too well )

Look forward to bugging you guys

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II