Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 11-12-2018, 10:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi everyone, a new owner here in Durham, NC. Just picked up a 2003 in Silverstone over black, 48k miles. Very excited to join, I have had several BMW's (solid cars but too expensive to maintain), and one NB Miata (fun but a toy). I hope to keep my AP1 for several years, it will be a daily driver but I only drive 6 miles to work. Its not uncommon to drop the top here even in winter. I look forward to learning a lot from members, and if there are other members in the Triangle area. Thank you.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NFR 06 - New to forum-ISO inspection Atlanta

Greetings All,
Was not going to intro myself until my quest was over. Just bought NFR low mileage '06 on eBay and need to get inspection done before I pay for and arrange delivery. Any members know of decent mech near Canton GA. Any members want to detailed looksie for payment of course. Need all this done pretty quick as 7 day window to complete.
Thanks
Dan
Old 11-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Unhappy Soft top and defroster not working,

AP2 owner then sold it for a e46 M3 had fun driving that, but too much of a headache as it aged. now bought another AP2, super happy with it. Except the soft top and defroster won't work,(what the). the light comes on the defroster but not the green light when enabled. checked the fuses and connections all seems fine, Ideas anybody?
Old 11-13-2018, 06:04 PM

Hello all,
Thanks to a careless Prius driver, I had to leave the Miata world. I loved my Mazda, a 2001 NB. I was planning on moving up to a Miataspeed Miata with the settlement money. Craigslist kept tossing many choices in my price range at me Porsche and BMW didn't seem realistic on my budget. Toyota MR2, too hard to find an unmolested and low mileage example. Also, I'm tired of relying on Uber. Now I'm ready for an S2000. I will probably lurk more than write on this forum. I've been taking in this forum these last few days. Thank you. Anyway Happy Thanksgiving and I'll be in touch!

Tony in Santa Clara, CA
Old 11-13-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyro56
Hello all,
Thanks to a careless Prius driver, I had to leave the Miata world. I loved my Mazda, a 2001 NB. I was planning on moving up to a Miataspeed Miata with the settlement money. Craigslist kept tossing many choices in my price range at me Porsche and BMW didn't seem realistic on my budget. Toyota MR2, too hard to find an unmolested and low mileage example. Also, I'm tired of relying on Uber. Now I'm ready for an S2000. I will probably lurk more than write on this forum. I've been taking in this forum these last few days. Thank you. Anyway Happy Thanksgiving and I'll be in touch!

Tony in Santa Clara, CA
I'm from San Francisco here. I hope your search will be fruitful. If you have any questions, please holla

(Also, a Mazda guy, owns a 1st gen Mazdaspeed 3)
Old 11-15-2018, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Welcome, everyone!

Originally Posted by 1bidder
Greetings All,
Was not going to intro myself until my quest was over. Just bought NFR low mileage '06 on eBay and need to get inspection done before I pay for and arrange delivery. Any members know of decent mech near Canton GA. Any members want to detailed looksie for payment of course. Need all this done pretty quick as 7 day window to complete.
Thanks
Dan
Greetings Dan,
You might have better luck posting your inquiry in the Georgia S2000 Owners subforum. Good luck!
Old 11-21-2018, 10:16 AM

Greeeeting... I just picked up a low mileage 2006 Suzuka Blue. It has to make its trip from WI to TX before I have my hands on it. Hopefully it will be here mid December. Can't wait to drive it though.

I come from the VW/Audi/Porsche scene but my first car in high school was a Honda CRX.

I'll be posting updates on IG NEXAP2

Last edited by MidoriGarage; 11-21-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:55 PM

Default New S2k

Just purchased a “new to me” 2001 new formula red with about 105k miles. It was owned by an older gentleman and parked (sadly) out in his yard. I’ve been fixing it up for a couple weeks and am pretty happy with the results so far. Had a bad idle problem with misfires so I pulled the throttle body and IACV and they were full of carbon buildup, etc. runs likes too now and I love the car!
Old 11-29-2018, 06:10 AM

Hi everyone!
I found this board some days ago when I was looking for parts and track/motorsport info about the S2000. I'm a rally driver from Germany and active in motorsport for over 16 years. I was rallying with a BMW 318is E30 and a Renault Clio 3 RS.

Clio 3 RS Rally

I am planning to go for a rally-S2000. There is only one other rally-S2000 in Germany right now. A friend of mine is racing one at autocross events with big success.
As soon as I start with the build there will be a project thread

Marius
Old 12-06-2018, 08:37 PM

Hey everyone,
Thought I'd introduce myself, just joined the club with a Silverstone 2005 Black interior, 115k miles, but completely stock. First car in my name, but I've been daily driving a CJ7 1985 (On the more impractical side, I know,) but it's been a passion project that my family has completely restored. I'm an 18 year old, but I've had my eyes set on the S2K as early back as since I was 12. I really want to become involved in any scene or clubs in the north GA area. Nice to meet you guys.
-Alec

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II