Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New member from Grand Rapids, MI

Old 03-16-2018, 06:11 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New member from Grand Rapids, MI

Hey S2KI,

Figured I’d finally introduce myself, my name is Brett and I am from Grand Rapids, MI. I’ve owned a variety of cars throughout the years (350Z, E30 BMW, Turbo Miata, 2 turbo Integras, LS1 camaro, Mazdaspeed 3, a few Saab 9-5 Aeros, and a previous s2000). I was about 18 years old when I bought my first S2000 and it was a train wreck. Against my better judgement, I spent my life savings on an ‘02 Sebring Silver S2K (was repainted Nissan yellow) with 63k miles and a rebuilt title from a front end accident. The car was actually pretty clean but after 9 days of owning, developed a rod knock. I never checked the oil and I assume for some reason the PO drained the oil before storage because I bought the car right out of storage and it did not leak a drop. Long story short, I pulled the engine and rebuilt it myself. I learned a lot from that process. After about a month, she was ready to fire up again. Started up first try then about 10 seconds later it started knocking. My heart sank and I threw it online for sale. Lucky for me, the guy who bought my LS1 camaro wanted to trade, so I did.

I had a void for the next 8 years and always wanted to own another S2K. When I was ready to buy another a few years ago, none were available in my area except one. The guy was asking $10,500 for it, I shot him a lowball offer of $9500 (again, my life savings at the time) and he turned it down. I picked up a 350Z instead, which was not a bad car, but no S2000. Funny enough, my brother in law offered the guy $9300 a month later for the S2K and the guy took it! So I had the joy of seeing the car I wanted everyday

Anyways, fast forward another few years, I have a good job now and DD a 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon as I have a pretty far commute and it’s comfortable/decently powerful (280hp/310tq with a tune). My wife says I can finally get another “fun” car. I just wanted a stock ‘02 or ‘03 S2000 to drive to work on nice days, enjoy on the weekends, and have a few track days with. Luckily enough, one popped up for sale local the day I started looking, bone stock. It is Suzuka blue- like most, it was not my first choice in color. But after seeing it in person, I fell in love. I’ve had it about 3 weeks now and loved every second of it. Since I’ve bought it, I’ve done a Voodoo shift knob, AEM V2 intake, cross member cover, and strut X brace. I also have an AP2 silver radio door on the way. I’d like to still do an OEM replica front lip and rear spoiler and some AP2V1 rims. That’s about all I have planned for it! That is, until my buddy will sell me his ‘07 BB Vortech Superchanged S2K with OEM hardtop and 30k Miles

Old 03-16-2018, 06:33 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Welcome!

Hit the Detroit Shout Out thread and say hello. I will be out at Waterford Hills and Gingerman this summer as well. Get your track day on with me!!
Old 03-16-2018, 06:48 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
Welcome!

Hit the Detroit Shout Out thread and say hello. I will be out at Waterford Hills and Gingerman this summer as well. Get your track day on with me!!
Will do! I think I recognize your username from Xceedspeed!
Old 03-16-2018, 07:58 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by bzammitt

Will do! I think I recognize your username from Xceedspeed!
Yeah I have been doing the Mazdaspeed thing for a long, long time. So that's probably what is on there. I still have one...just not a 600whp one anymore LOL Bunch of awesome car people over in GR though, I visit there pretty frequently.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations and welcome to the forums!