Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Purchase Advice

Old 10-29-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by moonsurfer,Oct 29 2005, 11:26 AM
The 350Z has a lot of transmission problems (have read about owners on their 3rd transmission in two years),
Not to mention a class action law suit involving the front end alignment, involving tire feathering
Old 10-29-2005, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slasherx,Oct 29 2005, 10:24 AM
That's the point of a deposit, it's to hold it not to buy it. They have to give you the money back, you haven't signed any papers for the car yet.
Umm...

The point of a deposit IS that they keep it if you walk away. Otherwise money wouldn't need to change hands. It repesents the the opportunity cost to them of keeping the car off the market.

It's entirely up to them if they decide to give him his money back. I suspect they will, because they didn't lose $500 keeping off the market overnight and it would just be bad publicity for them.

-b
Old 10-29-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

I've had my 02 for over 3 1/2 yrs w/o any problems. By buying new you should be able to keep the top looking new for quite sometime.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:37 AM

The top on my '02 developed a few small tears, but that was probably partially my fault from putting the top up and down in sub 50 degree weather when the fabric is not as flexible. However, I never had to fix them because my top developed an even larger tear when it came into contact with someone's knife...
Old 10-29-2005, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by mad-dog-one,Oct 29 2005, 09:39 AM
He's in Seattle.
Hey, I've got a friend in Seattle. I've visited her four or five times through the years. Every time I've been there, the weather has been drop dead gorgeous! I'm beginning to think all this talk of lousy weather in Seattle is

As for the 350Z, my best friend's got a Roadster. He's had at least one warranty replacement of the front tires due to the front end alignment issues and they had the top replaced under warranty this year due to a small tear in the fabric that popped up unexpectedly. Overall, they're very pleased with the car but it's been far from perfect. All in all, the S2000 does very well but there's always a possibility.

Drive Safe,
Steve R.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by ImportSport,Oct 29 2005, 06:49 AM
Remember for every post where someone has a problem there are 1000 people with zero problems not posting because they are too busy enjoying their car.
This is so true!! This car is a dream.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:42 PM

The top is last thing to worry about..Its punk kids that is the only worry,if they attempt to f up the top..But def. no probs with it (if if if theres a rattle,,then its one bolt to tighten I think)
oh and before you leave the dealer w/ the ride..Ask him where the fuel door release is..lol..(I love that clueless face on ALL the dealers Ive talked to about it,,they get lost in such a small space)
gd luck.and u Wont regret anything (you gonna put xtraaa miles on it immediately for sure)
Old 10-29-2005, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Intrepid175,Oct 30 2005, 02:54 AM
Hey, I've got a friend in Seattle. I've visited her four or five times through the years. Every time I've been there, the weather has been drop dead gorgeous! I'm beginning to think all this talk of lousy weather in Seattle is

Drive Safe,
Steve R.
I've been there too, never saw a drop of rain.

They want the tourists to stay away
Old 10-29-2005, 11:08 PM

I still haven't bought the car yet. Man...so nervous about getting a soft top car. I don't want issues parking this puppy outside in the open air, but I have no garage and no choice.

My main concerns are the longevity of the soft top and the tight fit inside the cockpit. I'm 6'2" and it's a tight fit...I guess my weight (225lbs) doesn't help too much. I do love the style and performance though.

Here's another question...do you HAVE to use the soft top boot anytime you drive with the top down?

Thanks all...I really appreciate all the posts.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:58 PM

man..Ive used my tonneau cover maybe less than 20 times in cple years.lol..for shorter rides its not worth putting on..only when u know for sure its going to be nice weather for a day(and no mother nature spontaneous changes,,like here in Boston.lol)
and if u dont use it,,just be sure to clean it frequently(takes 10 seconds,just brush/swipe it quick).
I dont know what the regular fading/wear&tear deal is with the top honestly,if any..(but I have a nice garage,so Im lucky)

Quick Reply: Purchase Advice