Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Saying Good Bye

Old 10-08-2018, 05:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Saying Good Bye

Saying goodbuy to the members of S2KI forum that helped me and provided answers to perfect my 2006 Rio Yellow Pearl S2000 . Yesterday it was sold and the value I recieved was reflected of the collector quality condition .
On the other hand there was a small group of memebers that weren't true Enthusiasts and rather then helping they acted like kids in a sandbox throwing sand at it other
I thought i would share what I purchased the day before and best wishes to everyone

Old 10-08-2018, 04:54 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

To each his own.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

My goodness that is a beautiful car...
Old 10-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Ewwww.

Edit: Okay, I actually took the time to read your parting words...and honestly? You seem more like someone that doesn't find happiness in anything....You say people aren't true enthusiasts in bold but you're priding yourself in the fact that you never drove your car. You remind me of Obsessed Garage....spends 70k on a CR "dream build" only to immediately sell it. I understand it's his/your money and you can do whatever you please....but to attack other people is silly. It's a discussion forum. You're always going to have trolls and people with strong opinions. That's life and that's reality.

A 911 is a completely different animal from an S2000. In terms of factory setup and refinement the S2k can't hold a candle to it. It's in a completely different class and honestly if you go from an s2000 to a 911 as an "upgrade" than an s2000 would've never had a chance in hell of making you happy.

Last edited by Kyle; 10-09-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:48 PM

Received 156 Likes on 114 Posts

You know... I had something to say.. then looked at the car you sold.. with 12k miles since new... Looks like you barely enjoyed the car, so I doubt yoully miss much anyway....
Old 10-09-2018, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default congrats on the new car!

I may be playing devil’s advocate here, but I don’t have a particular beef with someone who purchases a nice, stock, cool car and allows it to sit on a proverbial velvet pillow. I love cars, I love the S2000 and while I personally tend to prefer very stock or near-stock S2000s, I say so not to imply that stock ones are better, but only that this is just a matter of personal values, just as orclean1’s values are reflected by having preserved a fine example of one of our beloved S2000s as a potential future investment. I doubt that anyone here will dispute now that for him to preserve one of them for a time and to sell it is very well within the purview of his rights as a free man.

I personally own a very rough-but-ready Spa Yellow 2002 that is about as rough an S2000 as one can muster and still call it an S2000. It’s got numerous dents, the interior is shabby, it’s got overspray, the top is dirty and has a seam that’s busting loose, it’s two different shades of yellow except with a New Formula Red front bumper, and the rear bumper is only beginning to show signs of falling off, etc., etc..,but it goes, stops and turns like an S should. I simply don’t have the resources to get everything fixed, at least at once— but am very, very content to richly reap the benefits of S2000 ownership and drivership without the blessing of a cosmetically nice car. In a way, I’m kinda glad my car is a great-running jalopy since I never hesitate to use it or drive it anywhere.

orclean1, I assume, is a man of at least some means and I thank goodness for car guys like him who can afford a two-, three- or four-car garage and who have the ability to take one of our beloved Esses and pay for insurance and to register it every year without the luxury of driving it all the time. Our hobby certainly flourishes with guys who drive their cars and enjoy them, but the hobby also desperately needs at least some enthusiasts to preserve their cars intactly for future generations to behold and admire—the stewards of the marque, if you will. Sure, I’m having fun driving the hell out of my car, but unless somebody with money intervenes someday, hopefully me, it’s going to end up in a wrecking yard, and not a museum, but of course I hope not.

The moral is that there is room for everybody in the S2000 galaxy: those who drive jalopies, those who modify and tune these cars to their liking, and those like orclean1 who treat select low-milage specimens of our beloved cars as the good investments and valuable collector cars they’re turning out to be and that all of our cars will turn out to be someday.

Thanks, orclean1 for taking such good care of your S2000 and congrats on the new car purchase!
The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (10-29-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 12:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorgonzo
I may be playing devil’s advocate here, but I don’t have a particular beef with someone who purchases a nice, stock, cool car and allows it to sit on a proverbial velvet pillow. I love cars, I love the S2000 and while I personally tend to prefer very stock or near-stock S2000s, I say so not to imply that stock ones are better, but only that this is just a matter of personal values, just as orclean1’s values are reflected by having preserved a fine example of one of our beloved S2000s as a potential future investment. I doubt that anyone here will dispute now that for him to preserve one of them for a time and to sell it is very well within the purview of his rights as a free man.

I personally own a very rough-but-ready Spa Yellow 2002 that is about as rough an S2000 as one can muster and still call it an S2000. It’s got numerous dents, the interior is shabby, it’s got overspray, the top is dirty and has a seam that’s busting loose, it’s two different shades of yellow except with a New Formula Red front bumper, and the rear bumper is only beginning to show signs of falling off, etc., etc..,but it goes, stops and turns like an S should. I simply don’t have the resources to get everything fixed, at least at once— but am very, very content to richly reap the benefits of S2000 ownership and drivership without the blessing of a cosmetically nice car. In a way, I’m kinda glad my car is a great-running jalopy since I never hesitate to use it or drive it anywhere.

orclean1, I assume, is a man of at least some means and I thank goodness for car guys like him who can afford a two-, three- or four-car garage and who have the ability to take one of our beloved Esses and pay for insurance and to register it every year without the luxury of driving it all the time. Our hobby certainly flourishes with guys who drive their cars and enjoy them, but the hobby also desperately needs at least some enthusiasts to preserve their cars intactly for future generations to behold and admire—the stewards of the marque, if you will. Sure, I’m having fun driving the hell out of my car, but unless somebody with money intervenes someday, hopefully me, it’s going to end up in a wrecking yard, and not a museum, but of course I hope not.

The moral is that there is room for everybody in the S2000 galaxy: those who drive jalopies, those who modify and tune these cars to their liking, and those like orclean1 who treat select low-milage specimens of our beloved cars as the good investments and valuable collector cars they’re turning out to be and that all of our cars will turn out to be someday.

Thanks, orclean1 for taking such good care of your S2000 and congrats on the new car purchase!
a car should never be purchased with the thought of an "investment"....

Last edited by pw91686; 10-10-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:23 AM

Received 1,553 Likes on 922 Posts

A few years or less from now, when you exit this life and exit you will, non of these material things will matter one iota.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
A few years or less from now, when you exit this life and exit you will, non of these material things will matter one iota.
100% truth.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:24 AM

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts

Orclean1 really repping the stereotypical perception of Porsche owners being nothing but Grade A douchebag of the automotive world life.