JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

J's Racing ECU installed

Old 08-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers boss
Old 08-17-2005, 10:34 AM

Ben at AJR has informed me that it will not be the secondary o2 sensor causing the CEL but the air pump system as their is no sensor on the ECU - JDM.

Does anyone have any more thoughts on this?

I really don't want to have to send the ECU back and then get a UK ECU modified which would have all the circuits but then I would have to get a key programmed to start the car...

Old 08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Xd

Originally Posted by Amuse Boy,Aug 17 2005, 06:34 PM
I really don't want to have to send the ECU back and then get a UK ECU modified which would have all the circuits but then I would have to get a key programmed to start the car...

Seems a small price to pay for an imoboliser, besides I know Jorge would oblige. He seem'd pretty excited about the idea of an aftermarket ECU.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 AM

TM - the immobiliser is the last of my worries - I have ample security on the car. I am really hoping that the car runs with the o2 snesor without a CEL in th edash.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:53 PM

has anyone with h/e/i/ ems went for a dyno run? what are you guys making.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by 240sxer,Aug 17 2005, 09:53 PM
has anyone with h/e/i/ ems went for a dyno run? what are you guys making.
I'm sure people have and have had great results...

But I am hoping someone can enlighten me about the CEL with the J's Racing ECU. :0
Old 08-17-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for being risky and trying something new.

That said, I believe this is a total waste of money and huge headache. With your mods, the car isn't running bad at all, its running better. Everyone says the ECU gave their car better mid range and smoother running, but I've yet to see a Dyno Chart proving so. If I were to ever do any ECU work, it'd be EMS. But since my car is staying NA with essentially all boltons, this is no concern of mine. Once again, the JDM bandwagon is raping you I believe, when it comes to custom tuning to your car and its setup, your calling Japanese people in Japan that speak Japanese and trying to explain to them what you want, when AEM offers the EMS in the U.S. and is probably one of the best systems in the world.

Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:19 PM

I would try the anitfouler. It will not hurt to try it. I think its like 3 bucks at your auto store. It will just fool the sensor thinking that its stock...it seems like the members here w/test pipes that have installed this modification, was like 95% sucess, but this was w/stock ECU. Remember to use the two antifoulers that came with it and not one. I have a gut feeling that the J's ECU will do the same.

I've been searching and there were couple of threads about this Cel situation something like O2 Sensor. Sorry don't have the link but theres' like two major links.

I'm just waiting for my T1R test pipe and I"m going to go to the anitfouler direction.

I asked Ben when the J's AP2 ECUcoming out. And if I can recall, there testing it??? Don't know for sure though. This was a while back.

I have almost the same set up as you:

J's intake
J's header
T1R test pipe (its on its way)
J's Tit. 60RS.

And yes I'm very interested in the J's ECU. I would do the anitfouler. That would be my last option.

Also I would recommend (if you don't have it) is the grounding kit. I recommend the V-power and AJR ground wiring kit. (There all precut to its length). That give another untold and can't explain, but something like 5hps...but for sure makes your care run a bit smoother, even the radio sounds better, just can't explain it.

Keep us post if anything. Good Luck!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:49 PM

Thanks for tha dvcie guys

I will be trying the anti foulers as soon as I receive them.

Blue - I already have a gorunding kit which was very expensive but I have yet to install it.

One other thing to mention is that I had to ground the fuel pump relay wire and now when I put the ignition to on, the pump stays on until I start the car - whereas the stock ECU pressurises the system and then switches off. Any thoughts on why it continues?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Xd

Because you didn't install the Mugen ECU

Sorry, couldn't help myself, had to be said going by the history of problems you have had setting this unit up

Quick Reply: J's Racing ECU installed