The Maritimes Areas of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island

East Coast Trip!

Old 07-08-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drove my S on PSS for the past two years in Halifax. I kept it on the road until November and never had an issue with the tires as long as they had tread on them. if you get a really cold morning or evening the tires will lose quite a bit of grip, but 5+ degrees shouldn't be an issue. Just don't figure out how little grip you have when you're tearing around the turns by Cape Smokey!
Old 07-13-2016, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from PEI with the S. I live in Toronto. Got rain through parts of NB and most of QC. On my way there, at the Hartland bridge I went to the Covered bridge potato chip factory and got off the main highway for a while. Took route 130 (I think). It runs basically parallel to the main highway except more scenic and much more fun with the S2000. Highly recommend it. BTW I have had the S for just over 1 year and was really happy with how I felt after some long driving days. Seats are very comfortable, could use more trunk space though!!

Jim
Old 07-13-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo35ca
Just got back from PEI with the S. I live in Toronto. Got rain through parts of NB and most of QC. On my way there, at the Hartland bridge I went to the Covered bridge potato chip factory and got off the main highway for a while. Took route 130 (I think). It runs basically parallel to the main highway except more scenic and much more fun with the S2000. Highly recommend it. BTW I have had the S for just over 1 year and was really happy with how I felt after some long driving days. Seats are very comfortable, could use more trunk space though!!

Jim
How exactly does the Hartland Bridge work? When I Google Street viewed it, there is only one lane in the bridge and there is no traffic light on either end. Just a stop sign. So people just wait their turn? Also, is the bridge slippery? Would love to hit VTEC in it.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Originally Posted by jimbo35ca' timestamp='1468460972' post='24016060

Jim
How exactly does the Hartland Bridge work? When I Google Street viewed it, there is only one lane in the bridge and there is no traffic light on either end. Just a stop sign. So people just wait their turn? Also, is the bridge slippery? Would love to hit VTEC in it.
One car at a time. Each person waits there turn. I wouldn't recommend VTEC thru it. You will see what I mean when you are there. Let me know how it goes.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Originally Posted by jimbo35ca' timestamp='1468460972' post='24016060

Jim
i wouldn't vtec through the oldest wooden covered bridge around haha

as for PEI, you'll be fine for the first two weeks of october for sure.... i run mine till the end of november
Old 10-19-2016, 05:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

we are now into the 3rd week of october... how was the roadtrip?
Old 10-21-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trip was awesome albeit for my girlfriend, she got annoyed with 4.5k RPM on the highway after the first day or so

Weather was actually quite nippy but the tires did fine. I was quite surprised at how green things were in Cape Breton compared to Perce in Quebec where it was all fire red and oranges. New Brunswick was more red than Nova Scotia was.

We managed to get out right before the storm battered the east coast. I still haven't heard back from my AirBnB contact out east. Hope he's ok.

Cabot Trail was a lot of fun EXCEPT for the bloody construction. We also got stuck behind some old fellow from Quebec who was doing all of the Trail at like 35km/hr and braking soooo hard on each of the turns.

I think we spent too little time out there. Could easily have stayed for a full week instead of the two days we were there for.

Definitely going back once the roads are fully done (next year I believe?).
Old 03-29-2017, 07:14 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How about posting some pics of the trip?