Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod

Old 10-22-2017, 10:52 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod

****EDIT: Oil cooler has been sold!****

***Oil temp gauge and gauge pod are still for sale***

I'm putting up for sale a combination of parts I just took off of my S2000: a Mishimoto thermostatic oil cooler (black), an AEM oil temperature gauge and an SOS single A-pillar gauge pod. All of them were purchased brand new in January and are in great condition. Notes about all of these items:

-I went with the 200 F thermostat in the oil cooler, in order to keep oil temps a bit more street-friendly.

-When I bought the gauge/sensor, the sensor wire wasn't long enough to reach from the A-pillar to the oil sandwich plate, so I had to splice/solder in an extension. I made sure to sheath the extension wires for a very clean appearance. As a bonus, this is now truly a plug-n-play gauge that you can install without modification.

-I am including an OEM A-pillar cover that is already drilled for the SOS pod, so you do not have to drill your OEM A-pillar.

I ran this setup a few times at High Plains Raceway this summer and never saw temps rise above ~240 F on the track; so the oil cooler certainly does its job, keeping oil temps down and the engine safe!

I removed this setup primarily because I'm planning on running my AP2 regionally in SCCA B Street autoX next season and the oil cooler is illegal in BS.

Back in January, I paid $775.66 + shipping for this whole setup (oil cooler= $496.91, gauge= $203.80, pod= $74.95).

Since the oil cooler is sold, I'm willing to let the oil temp gauge go for only $85 shipped, and the gauge pod go for $35 shipped. I'll let them both go together for $110 shipped.

For anyone that is planning on tracking their car, or even just aggressive canyon carving, this is truly cheap peace of mind.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for looking!

-Brandon

CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod-g3uxuza.jpg
CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod-50pdmp3.jpg
CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod-5exeouo.jpg
CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod-34bc2of.jpg
CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod-ufv40lw.jpg

Last edited by arctic_blue83; 10-23-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:24 AM

Someone sent me a message asking about how I connected the oil temp gauge. For reference:

I used a simple spade connector to tap into a power source on the fuse box. For a ground, I connected to a ground point/bolt with a bunch of gold wires running to it underneath the dash; it's pretty hard to miss.

I ran the sensor wire through the firewall via the tough rubber grommet in the back of the foot-well (this took a bit of patience and a coat hanger!).

I connected the oil temp sensor itself to the sandwich plate included with the oil cooler.

Just figured I would post this for anyone else wondering the same thing.

CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod-ayxndrx.jpg

Power source:

CO FS: Mishimoto oil cooler / AEM oil temp gauge / SOS gauge pod-3rokv0c.jpg

Last edited by arctic_blue83; 10-23-2017 at 11:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
pastoli (11-11-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 05:50 PM

Oil cooler has been sold!

Oil temp gauge and gauge pod are still for sale.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by arctic_blue83
Since the oil cooler is sold, I'm willing to let the oil temp gauge go for only $85 shipped,
Hi Brandon, I'll take the oil temp gauge. Please check your messages for my contact info.
I assume it comes with the normal stuff that's associated with that AEM part number?