Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

w1ngman's Home For Sale

Old 10-03-2005, 07:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

^ ^ ^ True, true. Gotta remember that there's always a bigger plan than I am able to see. Thank you for that reminder .
Old 10-03-2005, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my house on the market now, and we are asking for 54,000 (10%) in earnest money, and we are telling them (with my lawyer's advice) that we will deposit and count that money as ours. If they pull out for no apparent fault of our own, it is our money. Maybe our realestate people put something different in our contract????

I would damn sure ask for more earnest money, if they are serious buyers they will not mind. If they plan on jerking you around, then they will complain. IMO that is.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OnlyHonda4me,Oct 3 2005, 10:47 AM
Really sorry to hear about that. Good things do come to good people like you and your family, but not always when they are expected. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:45 AM

Thought I'd post an update to my supportive friends here ...

Relisted the property with a new agency this past weekend. Terry Adcock of Napier Realty is our agent now. VERY strong equestrian with close ties to the horse community. We've had 5 showings in as many days, with another one coming at noon today.

Better (hopefully) news is that a Thursday evening's showing resulted in an offer that Terry brought to us last night. We've made a counter, that if accepted, could have us closing by Nov 18th. Also have a write-in clause for $5,000 non-refundable deposit if buyer backs out. Of course, they have to accept our counter first, but its promising.

Well, I'll keep ya'll informed as we learn more.

- Dave
Old 10-14-2005, 05:40 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome Dave

I hope things work out better this time around. Sounds like you've got a realtor who cares now!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:24 AM

Received 2,689 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Excellent news, Dave!! And good on the non-refundable clause. What's happening on the other end of the deal - the land you were trying to buy/build on?

BTW - Be sure to post elsewhere on Sunday!! Maybe you'll have some more good news to celebrate by then...
Old 10-14-2005, 06:29 AM

Oh, that land was purchased by us back a-ways. I think we purchased it just after April 15th (Tax Day ) when Taska had a breather.

I've just been unwilling to "cut" the land and begin clearing yet...as...well, that costs $$$. And I've been unwilling to invest in the next property until this place of ours is 100% S-O-L-D. Really painful decision to have to live with too . Think back to how dry this summer was (right up to ~ 2 weeks ago). There are a couple "low-lying" areas on that 22 acres we've purchased. And it would have been soooooooooo great to have cleared those areas while they were nice & dry, then plant a Willow tree, etc. to assure they don't bog after clearing, etc. Presently, we've been saturated around here . So I'm sure it will be highly unlikely that I'll be able to get heavy equipment in some of those areas now .

On the next-home front, Louisa Co. has approved our building plans. So we're all set there and with our builder.

So its really just about getting this place sold
Old 10-14-2005, 06:28 PM

Woo-Hoo! 2 contract offers in as many days with our new realtor

Looks like this evening's (2nd) offer was that wonderful play against the first that one might hear of . We have a full-price offer with approx. a 2 week closing date (Nov 4th).

WOW...Nov 4th!

I'm gonna check on a nearby (w/in 4 miles) self-storage facility. I'm going to have to begin hauling goodies outta the house mucho-pronto.

In a no-sheit request... ...any Richmond/local folks willing to give me some labor-for-beer offers? I could really use assistance (especially regarding moving furniture out .

Great news! ...

- Dave
Old 10-14-2005, 06:59 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

woo hoo good to hear dave!!! for buyers
Old 10-14-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by w1ngman,Oct 14 2005, 10:28 PM

Woo-Hoo! 2 contract offers in as many days with our new realtor

Looks like this evening's (2nd) offer was that wonderful play against the first that one might hear of . We have a full-price offer with approx. a 2 week closing date (Nov 4th).

WOW...Nov 4th!

I'm gonna check on a nearby (w/in 4 miles) self-storage facility. I'm going to have to begin hauling goodies outta the house mucho-pronto.

In a no-sheit request... ...any Richmond/local folks willing to give me some labor-for-beer offers? I could really use assistance (especially regarding moving furniture out .

Great news! ...

- Dave
Congrats, Dave!! I hear airgate has been looking for square things to put in his element -- like MOVING BOXES!!! I'd be happy to make a run up to majestic Goochland one weekend. Just give me a shout.

Quick Reply: w1ngman's Home For Sale