Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Wreckless Drivers "R" us..........I just joined :(

Old 05-01-2004, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wreckless Drivers "R" us..........I just joined :(

I didnt want the rest of the Mid A guys to feel left out, like Skip, Steve, and Chad, so I decided to join in on the fun

Driving home from the hospital this am at approx 8:20 am, Im on my way to go to K-mart at Hilltop for these $5.99 white glittery flip-flops I have been wanting, and guess who I encounter.........Yup, the friggin State Police. I had been up for about 24 hours and I was in a "trance" persay just driving and obviously not paying attention to my speedometer ( I mean, who does that anyways? ) 76/55. Out of all the in and out of traffic moves I do and actually "speed" I get nailed for this of all things. After getting my info, he whent directly to the front of the car looking for my front plate. Oops, didnt have that either I got away with that, but that is all I got away with. So, I have a court date like the rest of you.

Guess my $5.99 shoe run is going to be a little pricier than I had anticipated

Had to vent and wanted to make you all feel a little better

Happy wreckless ing everyone

Old 05-01-2004, 07:26 PM

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Bummer, April...But I thought a reckless charge was 25 mph over or more. Is it 20 now?
Old 05-01-2004, 07:33 PM

anything 20 miles or over and of course, I was 21.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:37 PM

Too sad April, but if you go to court and tell the judge you had just finished that 24hr stint at the hospital.. I bet you will get it reduced to 10 over.

Just don't let it get you down. Okay?
Old 05-01-2004, 07:40 PM

That sucks. Considering how tired you were/are, you'd think he'd cut ya a break and just write you up for 74/55. Or were you really going MUCH faster than that even? Either way, good luck!
Old 05-01-2004, 08:43 PM

hopefully the cop doesn't show up and the case gets dismissed, but don't count on it. i would print out a copy of your dmv record from www.dmvnow.com and take it into court(if it's clean). plead guilty with explanation(its hard to beat radar) and explain that you work at a hospital and all that other information, and show him your driving record.

this has worked for me in the past, i've had an 11 mph over speed limit ticket dropped since it was my first speeding ticket. i was lucky though, the judge was very cool.

good luck.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:11 PM

April, thats an easy one to get out of!!! You ar eso close to the line that you can just go and have your speedo calibrated and it most certainly is 2 mph off. If you need to know of a place to go that can help you with this lemme know. Im also part of that club.. Got a 90 in a 55 on 64 out near the naval base... I dont think I couldve gotten away with the speedo calibration thing...

Anyway, at least that will pull you out of the reckless range and down into speeding or piss. improper driving.

Joshua

-P.S. Did you get the shoes???
Old 05-01-2004, 09:30 PM

CWEA. Sorry to hear that girly. Good luck. Hopefully I won't have to join that exclusive club. Argh .. especially @ 19 years old. Insurance is high as it is.

20mph over is reckless
15mph over in a residential area is reckless

^ I should know this right, since I only got tested on this couple months ago
Old 05-01-2004, 11:50 PM

yep yep... Thats the other fun part about a reckless ticket... When your license expires you cant just renew it. You have to take the written test again
Old 05-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the flip-flops

Quick Reply: Wreckless Drivers "R" us..........I just joined :(