Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

What is it with Boxster Drivers?

Old 06-05-2003, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know in football when all the "lesser" teams hate the bigger,better neighbours. For example Bolton hate Man U but Bury hate Bolton

Do you think this is what is happening with the Boxter owners? Its so nice to be at the top of the tree

(by the way I am a Bolton fan AND I hate Man U - maybe I should buy a Boxter then I can have more hatred in my life)

To Mr Boxter owner..... this is a joke. Do not take it personally or seriously. in no way do I think your car is inferior or you have low self esteem, or you can't afford the Carerra. I do not know any Boxter owners and no Boxter owner has ever tried to race me so I cannot judge on what kind of person you are, where you work or where you live. If at some point in time I cross your path (say when I am looking for a job and you are the boss or something) please do not hold this sentiment against me.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:25 AM

Originally posted by Moggy
If at some point in time I cross your path (say when I am looking for a job and you are the boss or something) please do not hold this sentiment against me.

Made me laugh, and choke on my cuppa tea....
Old 06-05-2003, 09:31 AM
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bharat
Old 06-05-2003, 12:13 PM

Not being a S2k owner just yet, but hopefully soon, is the folowing statement true ?

So the Boxter S is generally the Same Perf as the S2k, but the S2k beats the Boxter 2.5 ? But the S2k is better looking, Porshe's all look similar these days.

Is this correct ??
Old 06-05-2003, 03:01 PM

Col T Sav........Spot on!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally posted by zero_to60

As for Boxster pilot's driving styles.....I would argue that the sheer number of Boxsters relative to the low volumes of S2000's will mean it's inevitable, due to the law of averages from time to time you will come up against a Boxster driven by a twat

Absolutely. Every marque has its idiot drivers.

I've seen some fast driving in Boxsters but nothing I would call mad IIRC. In fact, most have been driving pretty sedately in cruise mode.

My problem with many of the drivers, which is admittedly only based on their board postings, is that there does seem to be a rather puzzling obsession with status eg money/job/employer/house/car/other cars. This doesn't help an already less than helpful stereotype.

Of course, I fully accept that I may have gained a false impression.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gaddafi
[B]
My problem with many of the drivers, which is admittedly only based on their board postings, is that there does seem to be
Old 06-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

CC Bro

Actually we don't help ourselves by always banging on about value for money. Makes us sound like thrift shop bargain hunters and boosts other peoples' perceptions of superiority.

I suggest we stop prefacing or following comments about the S with words like 'the best value for money sportscar.......' It might be true, but it does reinforce other peoples' view that we would have bought a Boxster if we could have. True for some, but not everyone, and probably the same percentage as Porsche owners who would have bought a 911 but could only afford a Boxster (or weren't senior enough on the Company Car list )

Old 06-06-2003, 01:10 AM

OK so in future we must refer to the S as "the best sports car" and the Boxster as "the value for money Porsche"
Old 06-06-2003, 02:11 AM

Originally posted by Ali_McBlue
OK so in future we must refer to the S as "the best sports car" and the Boxster as "the value for money Porsche"
Eeeh! I think you mean 911 C4S!

Only 6 weeks to go before collection!

Quick Reply: What is it with Boxster Drivers?