New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Supplements & Vitamins Discussion Thread.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:58 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Supplements & Vitamins Discussion Thread.

Used to manage GNC and always found Supplements to be a big part of my life. Since working out and staying healthy is important to me. So are the supplements... when I can afford them that is Here is my experience...

I've taken the following....

1) GNC MegaMan Sport MultiVitamin: (Contains most Vitamins you need + Extra B vitamins *Hence the Sport word* which help with energy levels. A bit on a pricey side.)

2) Centrum MultiVitamin: (Did really nothing for me that I could really see? Energy Levels dropped)

3) 1 A Day with Caffeine: (Okay I guess, on Empty stomach will make you sick because of caffeine. With food its okay.)

4) 1 A Day For Men Regular: (Taking it now. Good Stuff and cheap. When I have money I will switch back to MegaMan though)

5) Creatine Monohydrate: (Awesome! Great recovery times, faster muscle recovery as well as injury recovery. I say forget loading phase, just do the regular dose. Downside it messes with my stomach.)

6) Creatine Esterfied: (Claimed to be absorbed with in couple minutes, no loading phase, and easier on yuor stomach. It is Pricey and there really no feed back like there is with good old Monohydrate.)

7) NO2 or any *Nitric Oxide Supplements*: (Great pump at the gym, faster recovery, all noticeble and I love the product. It is on a pricey side but do recommend to some one who is looking for more energy during a workout and not looking for Jittery like Energy that fat burners and energy boosters give you. Not a stimulant, just increases oxygen production in your bloodstream. Basically think L-Arginine just time released.)

8) Zinc: (Take it for my skin and it seems to work great, it helps to control oil production, control breakouts, keep skin a bit tighter and allows your skin to heal cuts faster. I take 50mg a day since I have skin issues this really helps.)

9) Glucosamine and Chondroitin: (On a pricey side, took for my Rotator Cuff injury, didn't really notice anything... don't really know if it works or not. Took it for 3 months during lifting and really didn't see any benefit. My friend with knee injury tends to think otherwise *He is in his 50s* he did say it doesn't swell up like it used to and its easier to start a morning. I guess it depends on a person.)
Old 02-01-2009, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Centrum MultiVitamin- I take one a day. Makes me feel healthy.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 PM

I do One a Day for Men , Iron pill for my Anema , 1000mg of vitamin C
Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I did Vitamin C thing for a bit when got sick, recovered and continued taking it. Then got sick again even though I was on Vitamin C. Once ran out stopped taking it, I don't think it did much really .
Old 02-01-2009, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been taking a Glucosamine/Chondroitin/organic sulfur supplement for a couple of months. I feel like the old knees work better the morning after a tennis game than they did before the supplement. But the evidence is anecdotal, since the improvement could easily be due to some other change in my lifestyle.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Zinc huh? word, i gotta check that out then
Old 02-01-2009, 05:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The only supplement I take is the protein shake I take after a workout. I've tried many and I could only stomach chuging down the 3 listed below:

Met-rx Meal Replacement
Myoplex Meal Replacement
Muscle Milk

When its time to get serious about working out, I usually add Creatine and Glutemine. Good stuff!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:05 PM

After workout I take a tsp of Creatine and Glutamine for recovery purposes. Sometimes throw a scoop of protein. For Protein I like the Designer brand.

I used to be really into this stuff when I worked out everyday. Nowadays with Vintage approaching I just want to keep my cardio and weight in check so I try to hit the gym at least 3 days a week.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ George, how much protein is there in a scoop of those designer brands. Would it be advisable to sometimes supplement with a scoop to get some protein into a lower calorie diet?

If you dont know thats ok, you just piqued my curiosity as Im currently on a self imposed lower calorie diet to bring my weight back to the healthier level.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Feb 1 2009, 11:08 PM
^ George, how much protein is there in a scoop of those designer brands. Would it be advisable to sometimes supplement with a scoop to get some protein into a lower calorie diet?

If you dont know thats ok, you just piqued my curiosity as Im currently on a self imposed lower calorie diet to bring my weight back to the healthier level.
Back when I was working out a ton I'd measure protein powder out to the gram to get exactly how much protein I wanted. All it takes is some simple math to figure out how much protein is contained per a gram. Here's an example of how much is in each, "serving".

As far as supplementing your diet with protein... I guess it could help a bit, but with a diet as extreme as your current one, your body will catabolize muscle just as fast as it'll burn fat no matter what. If your goal is to retain muscle, you'd need to eat more.

Quick Reply: Supplements & Vitamins Discussion Thread.