New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

My Black Beauty Was Hit

Old 03-17-2014, 05:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing
Justin, great information. Thanks for taking the time to post up the process. It's quite sad that the impetus is on the grieved to cover all bases and be informed on the minutiae of the paper work; I'm sure many just sign on the dotted line to get it all over with.

I'll pick up the damaged AP2 lip to go with your bumper that's currently on my beater.
Yes well the other co. isn't going to hand out money if they don't think they have to. Thing is, if I signed on the dotted line and the other company was, in fact, going to try something unethical/fraudulent (I can't say with certainty they were) as the property owner I would've forfeited the right of my insurance company to get back the money they paid for the repair from the other insurance company. If that happened my ins. could/would come after me for it. Note that the amount of the repair was significantly more than the dim. val. settlement so the at-fault's ins. company would've gotten away with paying less and my ins. could've then come after me for more than what I got from dim. val. Point is, you just have to be methodical and it can work out properly as it did in my case.

We can certainly discuss the lip!
Old 08-30-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Super old thread, I know.

If you're still active, gofast182 , and still have the car, are you able to say how the repair has held up over the last few years? Mine is going under the knife with elrich soon, and I feel that I'm in great hands there, but am extremely nervous. I hate the idea of any paintwork that is not factory.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still have the car. The repair has held up very well (aside from the fact that tracking the car beats the shit out of the finish). Panel alignment was factory perfect. Paint match/blend was spot on. There was a slight run in the paint under each side marker light but the overall job was so good it was not worth disturbing in order to have it corrected. I understand your nervousness but you're taking it to one of the best, if not the best, place to have body work on an S2000 done.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by gofast182
Still have the car. The repair has held up very well (aside from the fact that tracking the car beats the shit out of the finish). Panel alignment was factory perfect. Paint match/blend was spot on. There was a slight run in the paint under each side marker light but the overall job was so good it was not worth disturbing in order to have it corrected. I understand your nervousness but you're taking it to one of the best, if not the best, place to have body work on an S2000 done.
Thanks for the feedback! Great to hear that the repair is holding up well!! My damage is very minor...really just a bit too much for paintless dent removal...so I'm getting a brand new OEM front fender and door and associated paint. Literally just paint them and bolt them on. So, I have no alignment concerns. That's great to hear about the paint! As far as tracking the car beating up the paint...I'm sure it does...I guess the key thing is that it is wearing similarly to the adjacent factory paint such that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. That's my main concern...differential fading rates/chipping rates over time...plus mine is red, so I'm guessing matching is a bit harder. But, I guess that's me being extra nuts :P In my case, it's not an S2000. My close friend with an S2000 suggested the shop, and I read a lot about it on here, and of course saw your post. My friend has been very happy...but I hadn't seen is S2000 in a while, and it is covered in filth right now, making it hard to really take a good look. It really does sound like the best of the best...still nerve wracking until it's done. My car is cleaned/clayed/polished/waxed/detailed by me regularly, I enjoy it...and I'm super fussy. It seems you are the same, so very happy to hear you are still happy.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Elrich does some excellent work. MANY, many an S2000 owner has had work done by them.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:56 AM

Received 1,253 Likes on 763 Posts

Elrich painted my S2000, and my Accord wagon...trying to get a pic up, site not cooperating.[img]
https://www.s2ki.com/g/picture/8054710[/img]

Last edited by Billman250; 08-31-2017 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Billman...that Accord wagon looks great...unique car, don't see many of those on the road, very nice!