New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Act fast, openings still available for September 10th Roadster Tour at The Glen

Old 04-27-2004, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug,
Suggesting we be the 7th group that has drive around lake and get our own winery to sponsor. Also be included in hot laps on old course and weekend activities. Thought if we ran our own event with WGI vintage weekend we could pull in 20-40 s2ki owners from Ohio, NE & Del Val. I still have not gotten confirmation that I'm in this one.
Nick
Old 04-27-2004, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem is I have already spent my money and made one plan, as have Eric, Skip and you I think.
I have no problem doing an activity in Watkins Glen, but I think that weekend is a bad time to try and do something because the main event is the race and a few hot laps, not a wine tour.

We did a fall wine tour two years ago and it was great, we can do that again no problem! Plans like you are talking about with sponsors, figuring out when the other 7 rallies are, are not just pulled together in a couple of months, stuff like this takes a year to plan out, I know.

If 20 to 30 people want to join up for the tour already established and come to the races to watch that would be great. After we could all go out for dinner. If people want to do a wine tour let's pic another weekend and I will be happy to organize it.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick,

I agree with Doug on this one. The tours which have been set up for Vintage Race weekend in September have been in place since immediately following last year's Vintage Race, if not before. It takes a lot of leg work and planning to put on a special tour with a sponsoring winery (I vote "Wagner's Brewery"), appointing stewards, designing a couple of rally routes which don't overlap the other tours, picking someone to be registration coordinator and so forth. In my case, I even have to request the Friday off a year in advance, although my chair is much more understanding this year. If this is something the group would like to do we need to discuss it and then make plans for Vintage Race weekend 2005. In the meantime, I suggest that everyone sign up for whatever tours are still available and plan to meet up in either downtown Watkins Glen or up at the track or both. Personally, I vote for both.

Skip