New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

All things Formula 1 (Spoiler alert may contain race results)

Old 03-27-2018, 07:14 AM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark355
I think ESPN is just rebroadcasting UK coverage (ITV or Sky?) of the race. Brundle and the other commentators (who are excellent) don't announce they're taking a commercial break and the cuts are very abrupt. The commercials also continue during key moments of the race, such as going green after a safety car. Sometimes they go side-by-side and sometimes not. I caught the replay this AM. You get the formation lap, race, and podium. That's it. Pretty much what I expected from ESPN. I'll miss the pre and post-race shows from NBC. There was a lot of great analysis shared there.

Great to see Ferrari on top but I was more excited for Haas running 4th and 5th ahead of the RBs until the pit crew went full Jiffy Lube. Argh.

Oh and the halos and ugly as hell.
Totally agree with what Mark said...I know change takes time to get used to but ESPN certainly doesn't coordinate things as well as NBCSN did. It's totally clear that ESPN is just getting the feed from Sky and they throw breaks in whenever they want and you come back from commercials in the middle of a conversation the commentators are having that would have been interesting to hear. NBCSN would at least hold off on conversations until they came back from the break.

I REALLY miss how the NBCSN guys would take some time before the first race to talk about the changes from the previous year because I'm not some one that follows the F1 off season to know what changes were implemented in the sport. It seems to me that the support for the halo would block the driver's view!

And I really don't need to see the team logo next to the names in the list of drivers and their positions. How about putting up intervals especially when the feed is showing a battle on track! It would be nice to see the numbers going up or coming down as they are showing the battle for position.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:36 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Totally agree with what Mark said...I know change takes time to get used to but ESPN certainly doesn't coordinate things as well as NBCSN did. It's totally clear that ESPN is just getting the feed from Sky and they throw breaks in whenever they want and you come back from commercials in the middle of a conversation the commentators are having that would have been interesting to hear. NBCSN would at least hold off on conversations until they came back from the break.

I REALLY miss how the NBCSN guys would take some time before the first race to talk about the changes from the previous year because I'm not some one that follows the F1 off season to know what changes were implemented in the sport. It seems to me that the support for the halo would block the driver's view!

And I really don't need to see the team logo next to the names in the list of drivers and their positions. How about putting up intervals especially when the feed is showing a battle on track! It would be nice to see the numbers going up or coming down as they are showing the battle for position.
You guys are spot on. I got to see that broadcast and can only hope it improves.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ESPN cut away immediately after the podium interviews, but the entire Bahrain GP was broadcast commerical free!

Bonus news: Monaco GP will have grid girls.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:13 AM

Received 354 Likes on 217 Posts

Coverage and announcing was far superior to the last race.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:35 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Bonus news: Monaco GP will have grid girls.
The Russians stated their demand first and per their Deputy PM "After all, our girls are the most beautiful"
Formula 1: Russian GP wants to bring back 'grid girls' for race in September - BBC Sport
Old 04-08-2018, 11:36 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Coverage was fantastic IMO. I enjoyed the full race with zero breaks for commercials. I hope they keep it that way for some time to come. I do miss the post-race interviews. They need to work on that too and ensure we get at least 45 minutes of post-race coverage.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:48 PM

F1 is posting post-race coverage on YT a few hours after the race.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:32 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing that Mark. Did Lewis use a cuss word for Max Verstappen before the podium ceremony OR was I imagining things?
Old 04-09-2018, 07:02 PM

I think it was more frustration with his team over target lap times.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:23 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

I think it was more frustration with his team over target lap times.

Quick Reply: All things Formula 1 (Spoiler alert may contain race results)