New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Jeff S - good to see ya

Old 08-15-2004, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Jeff S - good to see ya

That wasn't the first time I've seen you driving your S on Jefferson Road. Good to see you though. I turned into that plaza hoping you would follow so we could have a little chat..... but you drove right on! Oh well, next time.

Sunday - what a great day for a drive. Low 70s, sunny... I was running errands and wished I had more errands to do. Stopped for gas and this middle aged guy comes up to me and complements my S... Said his wife thought it was a "BMW M something..." So I said to him if the S were to look like any BMW, it would be the Z3 or Z4.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes indeed, nice weekend, worked in my yard both days, only drove the S once

John, next time you feel sad about not having any more errands to do you could always drive over and cut my lawn
Old 08-16-2004, 02:30 PM

Doug, wouldn't mind cutting your lawn, but how does that involve me driving the S? Telling ya... getting that house has taken so much time away from you in driving and other car stuff... heh But I know you've wanted a house and finally got one.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:58 PM

Hi John,
I was surprised to see you pull alongside me Sunday, I was on a errand for ice to keep the liquids cold I was having a clambake at my house with the relatives. I didn't react quick enough to turn in behind you it must be that 50 age thing.

I think we should pick a spot after work on friday's to meet for a cold one grab some grub. Anybody have any thoughts? Hooters?.
Doug, Anything down around your work area High Falls?
How about Jeff's house ? I'll cook the burgers, hots!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:12 PM

Jeff - sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of you cooking up some burgers and hots. I'll bring beer and whatever else you'd like.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:12 AM

I would love a get together! This Friday is out for me though, a friend of mine will be coming home from foot surgery and I and a few others are going over to cook her dinner. But hey, that is only this Friday.

As far as places close to me at work, well they are all sort of so so. Frankly out in Henrietta I just love MacGregor's Grill and Tap Room. They have an outside deck and have an extraordinary selection of beers. And yes, anytime someone wants to do some outdoor cooking at their place I'm in, or we could do it at my place as well, me got killer grill.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by diskoe,Aug 16 2004, 05:30 PM
Doug, wouldn't mind cutting your lawn, but how does that involve me driving the S? Telling ya... getting that house has taken so much time away from you in driving and other car stuff... heh But I know you've wanted a house and finally got one.
You would have to drive the S over to my place...

I have to believe that house work is cyclic; as in next year there is no way I will need to spend so much time working on the yard because I will have all these huge tasks taken care of. I bought more home than I could afford because the price was reduced due to years and years of neglect. As sad as it makes me from time to time knowing I have had much less time to play with my toys, I have to admit when a neighbor from several doors down pulls over to talk to me when I'm out getting my mail and says to me "Your yard is looking so great, my husband and I appreciate you fixing the place up so much, keep up the good work, it looks super" I feel the time has been well spent. Come spring next year I'm inviting my realtor over for coffee some morning, I can't wait to hear what she says when I ask her how much I could list the house for.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Aug 18 2004, 07:20 AM
You would have to drive the S over to my place...
Yeah, your right... And now that you showed me a back road that even more fun...

I have the feeling the first thing I'll do is cut down that overgrown weed. And no, Doug isn't growing any in his yard. It's this weed that's starting to look lika a small tree .