New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Solidarity Drive For Levi IV - July 21 - Saturday

Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to go, but my wife won't be able to make it so soon after our new daughter arrives. Is it ok for members to drive solo? Or I'm sure I can find another +1 but it wouldn't be my wife :-P Let me know.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by klaxian
I'd like to go, but my wife won't be able to make it so soon after our new daughter arrives. Is it ok for members to drive solo? Or I'm sure I can find another +1 but it wouldn't be my wife :-P Let me know.

Are you kidding?

You can drive solo, but "the Shirt" would prefer that you bring the alternate +1 if she's happens to be a Las Vegas Show Girl. Congratulations on the baby!

I can put some people up if they drive up Friday night. Location at Lincoln Pond, Elizabethtown (use Google Maps for Lincoln Pond Campground for general location.) But a short dirt road to traverse.

Ellen, I only posted that business about telling the wives and girlfriends to be sure that some of us get the necessary "permissions." But I do hope JJ shows.

With all of the early response and with Head Chef's conditional triple enthusiastic response, I better get my act together and think about a route. I know of a few roads where the bridges are washed out, and those are always my favorites! And I want to incorporate the historic Keene Hillclimb. Maybe a little dull to get there, but ...
Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Originally Posted by klaxian' timestamp='1340388360' post='21803611

Are you kidding?

You can drive solo, but "the Shirt" would prefer that you bring the alternate +1 if she's happens to be a Las Vegas Show Girl. Congratulations on the baby!

I can put some people up if they drive up Friday night. Location at Lincoln Pond, Elizabethtown (use Google Maps for Lincoln Pond Campground for general location.) But a short dirt road to traverse.

Ellen, I only posted that business about telling the wives and girlfriends to be sure that some of us get the necessary "permissions." But I do hope JJ shows.

With all of the early response and with Head Chef's conditional triple enthusiastic response, I better get my act together and think about a route. I know of a few roads where the bridges are washed out, and those are always my favorites! And I want to incorporate the historic Keene Hillclimb. Maybe a little dull to get there, but ...
Would we detour around the washed out bridges or jump them like "Smokey and the Bandit"?

Friday's at work do get a bit silly.
HA!rry
Old 06-22-2012, 05:41 PM

I volunteer to be Rick's plus one for the day

Just giving you grief mister shirt
Old 06-23-2012, 05:13 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I have the necessary "permissions" in place. Plus I have two radios that were purchased for a drive that I was unable to attend. We will bring them charged but never having used them I'm hoping they work.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Next up! Good thing I saw JJ today, she had no idea I was staying over night at her house for this
Old 06-23-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Confirmed...we have motel reservations in Long Lake.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:04 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Confirmed...we have motel reservations in Long Lake.
Long Lake will be about 45 minutes minimum from the start point over what I think they call the Blue Ridge Highway. While you are there, on Sunday, make sure you go to the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake. Even if you only see the boat collection, it is a world class museum.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:23 PM

Me and my +1
Old 06-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Steve, looking forward to seeing you & Colleen again
Levi