NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Marines or college?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you ####ing serious right now? go to college brah..study hard and play hard and IF you still feel the need to do something exciting (and sometimes dangerous)with your life go officer all the way...the enlisted will shit on you but atleast you'll be commanding them and making more money than them at the sametime

sidenote-*flamesuit on* YES airforce, navy, and army has better career opportunities and bonuses offered compared to the Marine Corps but the experiences i faced while on deployment..nobody can take that away and the pride of being a Marine

being a Marine is like having a gf...somedays you love it..other days you want to shake the sh*t out of her
Old 06-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GRUNTS2K,Jun 12 2009, 11:13 AM

I'll entertain your request Mike. You have to be 39 to join and only officers are allowed to go to the Army War College
Sweet I am young enough!! I tell you what...I have a masters so I get to be an officer right off the bat, correct? What do I need to do get into the Army War College? Snipe some Taliban in the mountains? Let me know!!

I'm being very serious here, contrary to when I am usually not.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by RunUrAss,Jun 12 2009, 03:41 PM
are you ####ing serious right now? go to college brah..study hard and play hard and IF you still feel the need to do something exciting (and sometimes dangerous)with your life go officer all the way...the enlisted will shit on you but atleast you'll be commanding them and making more money than them at the sametime

sidenote-*flamesuit on* YES airforce, navy, and army has better career opportunities and bonuses offered compared to the Marine Corps but the experiences i faced while on deployment..nobody can take that away and the pride of being a Marine

being a Marine is like having a gf...somedays you love it..other days you want to shake the sh*t out of her
at least do two years man, you'll still be young and do like 2 years criminal justice, you'll come out of the army/marines/navy and be first on the list to be a cop or something. or do reserves while in college
Old 06-12-2009, 08:35 PM

Marines OOH-RAH

School isn't for everyone.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Don't forget you can also do ROTC while in college. It gives you the best of both worlds.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 PM

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor,Jun 13 2009, 12:35 AM
Marines OOH-RAH

School isn't for everyone.
without school you limit your options by a lot.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 PM

So wats the difference between Marines and the Army? and im planing to become a cop or fire fighter (hopefully) i want a job where i can help people
Old 06-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Banned

For ground based fighting, Marines are usually the first ones sent in to most combat theaters in recent times. At least that is what I've seen and read.

Actually special ops are sent in first to scout and do intel, but not necessarily engage in initial combat. Special ops are usually sneaking in and marking targets for bombing and other sabotage. Marines are the ones going in head first mostly once fighting begins after air strikes and air superiority is established. The reason being is they are deployed faster due to being a sea borne combat unit, as warships are usually already in the area where the theater of operations will commence. The Army comes in pretty much right behind with the heavy artillery and equipment.

Goes without saying, the USAF and NAVY kick off everything these days with major air strikes using planes with smart bombs and cruise missiles launched from sea to soften targets.

However, our resident experts know a lot more than I do and I am sure they'll tell you how it is.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:17 AM

Marines..first ones in..last ones to know...the Marine Corps has been known for our amphibious assault (water to land attacks)..we destroy sh*t on a dime..Army has had their glory days as well but it's to my understanding that these days the US Army in general is an occupying force and the Marine Corps is a force that just takes land from people and passes it off to the Army to establish a well rounded base

it sounds glorious but it really isn't haha..go to school and live your life man..be someone successful and makes lots of money..be thankful that "war" is something that's optional for many Americans..don't get involved with the politics of "capturing Osama"
Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend did marines first then college. They paid the bill for college, and to be honest he never would have passed college without the marines first. They really straightened him out, I liked him better after the marines. When he joined he had hair to his butt and worked as a store manager for a small hippie store at the mall, and he thought that was making something of himself

Quick Reply: Marines or college?