Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

html email newsletter

Old 04-11-2008, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default html email newsletter

We are wanting to start sending out an html email newsletter. Has anyone done this with their business? Just wondering how you went about it?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 PM

Last year I sent out an email newsletter once a week to our entire membership of 900+. We had an account set up with Constant Contact ( http://constantcontact.com ) and it was pretty painless. There's all sorts of templates and customization options, from start to finish it would take me roughly 30 minutes, and that was with a fair amount of writing.

I have no idea the costs as another department set it up, but it was definitely easy, especially if you are going to keep doing it instead of a one time only thing.

On the other hand in college I did a weekly email newsletter to the entire parents association (roughly 15,000 recipients) and that was all done internally. One of my fraternity brothers had a background in html, I paid him $100 to design the template, then used Dreamweaver to edit it, then I'd send it to my boss who would put it out through the university's email server.

I'd really say it all depends on your infrastructure on what you are set up for. The constant contact route is far less involved, but probably costs more money. Dreamweaver was far more customizable (if that's a word) but CC is much more idiot friendly.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the reply. ConstantContact.com looks like it may be the easiest route. I have a enough HTML background where I can do simple setups. We have Dreamweaver also here at work. I was more wondering if I can just create a newsletter in Dreamweaver and just send it out through any email such as: Yahoo, Google, or Outlook?
Old 04-12-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you attach it so that it becomes your email?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:19 AM

Honestly, I am not sure. We are wanting the newsletter to display as soon as you open your email. We do not want the customer to have to download anything. Any idea of how to do that?
Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most e-mail clients these days block HTML formatting because it allows spam (what happened to the SPAM logo?) senders to recognize whether you have read their junk mail or not.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:24 AM

Has anyone used Microsoft Office Small Business 2007? Any idea if this would fulfill our needs for some email marketing? We want to start sending out a newsletter to our customers to let them know what sales and specials we will be running for that month. Here is a link to our website if you choose to take a look. www.floydsrvs.com. We are a family business that my grandpa started in 1969 with only 1 travel trailer parked in his front yard. Now we our one of the top dealers in the nation for towables with an inventory north of 8 million. I am in control of everything internet related from sales, updating and editing inventory, and now we want to tackle this email newsletter bit because we think this could generated sales even more. Please give any ideas you feel like its helpful. I am a graphic design major and this is new territory for me.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by SSM*03*S2K,Apr 12 2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. ConstantContact.com looks like it may be the easiest route. I have a enough HTML background where I can do simple setups. We have Dreamweaver also here at work. I was more wondering if I can just create a newsletter in Dreamweaver and just send it out through any email such as: Yahoo, Google, or Outlook?
Sorry, forgot about this thread. Honestly, I don't know if that's possible, but I'd think it is. Unfortunately, I'm not the guy to ask how.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:52 PM

We purchased microsoft publisher and its perfect for what we need. thanks for all the input though