Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Is this a scam?

Old 10-07-2011, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a scam?

Hello s2000 community. This is my first time posting so i hope I chose the correct forum. I've always wanted an s2000 since I was a kid and now I'm finally in the market to buy one. However I need to sell my truck before I buy the s2000. I've posted my truck for sale on websites such as cars.com and autotrader.com. Yesterday I received an e-mail from this lady who seems interested in buying my truck but the way she wants to do business is odd to me. Also the first time she contacted me was through some text message system and asked to due business with her through E-mail. I'm not sure who else to ask, and everyone on this website seems very smart when it comes to buying, selling, and fixing cars. Does this sound like a scam to anyone??

E-mails: [ most recent e-mails at the top ] -----

Hello,

Thanks for your mail,Meanwhile i am OK with the price of $17,900 without further negotiations.I think yours is quite better than what I am given elsewhere.Actually I bought a similar vehicle from a seller in Atlanta GA at the price of $22,750 which I sent payment to him but on getting to the Pick-up my shipper and agent discovered that the vehicle have had a mechanical problem, of which the seller covered up, so I had to cancel the transaction.

I have also informed him that I have seen another vehicle with even a lesser price and had instructed him that he will be sending the funds to you which he agreed,though he insisted of deducting $100 from the total funds as the listing expenses since he will place the vehicle to the advert. He also insisted that his credit union allows a refund payment on one certified bank check only. So, he will be sending the whole funds ($22,750) to you. Since your vehicle is cheaper ($17,900)the difference ($4,850) would be used to offset shipping charges and other expenses.

You will have to deduct your cost price once Payment gets to you. I will direct my shipper and agent to contact you for the pickup as soon as you receive the payment and other necessary documents will be collected from you at the point of pick-up.

Confirm this and provide the following details:

(1) LEGAL NAME
(2) ADDRESS
(3) PHONE NUMBER

PLEASE NOTE: PAYMENT WILL BE SENT TO YOU RIGHT AWAY ONCE YOU FORWARD THE REQUIRED INFORMATION.

Thanks in anticipation of your understanding.

Judith

+447024062807

--- Den fre 2011-10-07 skrev Jeff Dicket <>:

Från: Jeff Dicket <>
Ämne: Re: TRUCK
Till: "Judith Zenondato" <judithzenondato@yahoo.se>
Datum: fredag 7 oktober 2011 16:29

Yes I will accept that offer. When will you be able to meet, and how do you prefer to pay?

On Oct 7, 2011, at 5:35 AM, Judith Zenondato wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the pictures Please can we close the deal for $17,900?

Judith

--- Den fre 2011-10-07 skrev Jeff Dicket <>:

Från: Jeff Dicket <>
Ämne: Re: TRUCK
Till: "Judith Zenondato" <judithzenondato@yahoo.se>
Datum: fredag 7 oktober 2011 05:31

I'm not sure what website you found the truck on but here are all the pictures of the interior I have at the moment. As for the price I would like to get at very least 18,000.

On Oct 6, 2011, at 10:18 PM, Judith Zenondato wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response,i am interested in buying the GMC, please whats your best price for the Truck?with more pictures of the interior

Judith
Old 10-07-2011, 02:30 PM

Scam.

Also, good rule of thumb: if you have to ask, the answer is "yes."
Old 10-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Scam. That email screams it.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:48 PM

Thanks guys. Had a feeling it was, just wanted a second opinion.