Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Uptight snooty ass s2k owners....

Old 03-20-2010, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uptight snooty ass s2k owners....

While driving home from work yesterday I was reminded why back in the day I did not like s2k owners. The s2k is a great awesome super fun car. However some people think that ownership of such a car makes them better than the rest of the world when in reality we just have more fun getting to and from work than the rest of the world!
Now what on earth is Dartanyan rambling about now? I ran into a clean ap2 with SLAMMED suspension yesterday. Silver with what appeared to be dark silver stock rims. We both have tops down windows down and for 4 or 5 miles riding right next to each other and not ONCE did "uptight owner #48584" not acknowledge the other s2k (myself). I kinda think of the s2k community like bikers or jeeps that will at least nod or wave when they see another one. I'm probably just being a moody ass car punk(as usual) in saying that i was offended by this owner and his "snobbery."
It may have something to with my black steelies and all weathers i have on the back for this weekends weather. I could say maybe he didnt acknowledge the existence my car and i because he thought i was some tasteless idiot who was ghettoing out his s2k because he was too poor to afford wheels after a crash?(snobbery) Maybe it was a case of oh no someone can afford another car like mine! (Snobbery) i could even pull the race card this (OH NOES) a black guy affording a car like mine. Or him ghettoing it out not taking care of it (like people stereotype Mexicans ). Snobbery! Whatever the reason, this guy was being a S snob. I may snob and ignore the civic trying to race me with 3 wings and two fart pipes on his car, but I wont be snob to the average person or well behaved street tuner. I enjoyed watching this person bottom out repeatedly on Riverside drive while displaying automotive ignorance and arrogance. (The Lowering did look badass though!)
Anyways point being most of us (s2k drivers) love the road and cars. It's supposed to be about fun its a fun car. But if the S2k makes you "better" or too good get your head checked. This must be my southern side where in which I consider it rude to sit next to someone or make eye contact and not nod/ or say hi. Top down to top down in an s2k to me is one of those places. Spread s2kizzle love and have fun! I love sharing the road with other s2ks because it means someone gets to experience the same fun i do! Hooray for random rants! Laters time to go spin these all weathers in the fluffy stuff!
Old 03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Oh noes! "s2kizzle"
Old 03-20-2010, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what its worth, that wasn't me! I'm always polite and wave at other S2k owners that I see...
Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 AM

Old 03-20-2010, 12:26 PM

Happens to me some times. There is an old dude around Moore with a silver one that I have waved at twice and it's like I'm not even there.

Then there is a guy in my squadron who just got a BB '08 it looks like. I've waved at him as well and I honestly think because he is an officer he completly looks right past me... I've left 2 cards on his car, and he hasn't made an appearance here so far.

Next time I see him, I'm ramming him. Not like I'll have any different color paint transfer.

I mean, it's not an average car. I could see waving at someone with a kia or some crap and the person trying to get away as fast as possible... but it's an s2k. There was only like 110,000 ever made.

/end rant.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:15 PM

Dartanyan I totally agree with you. Snobby S people really irritate me also. But I have to wonder what sadness is in their lives. They must be totally miserable people. Just think how it is almost humanly impossible to drive the S and not smile. We all know it's a natural high to drive these cars.

I've had the opportunity to drive around in quite a few states with my S and I have been snobbed by a few, but the majority of S drivers will speed up or slow down to try to make contact. Sometimes they will follow just so they can yell their "HI" to me. But in addition to that, I have appeared to be snobby a time or two myself. I have found myself lost in song while driving and not noticed somebody, plus while navigating through heavy unfamiliar traffic I've missed a few waves...........But never would I do it on purpose.

Those few truly snobby S2000 owner are just sad, sad, sad miserable individuals who unfortunately own a great sports car.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 PM

yeah i understand being busy but this was 5 oclock friday riverside traffic. im so sad i wasnt cool enough! teee heee hee
Old 03-20-2010, 02:17 PM

Yea, i didn't want to really bring that up........but coolness could definitely be a factor.

I suggest you bring your butt to a few more events so some coolness will rub off on you. Might I suggest the BMT this week. And if you can't make that, maybe we can work on you at some of the monthly dinners that will be happening soon.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:48 PM

AFs2K, its because he's a jerk that he didnt wave back, not because he's an Officer!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:15 PM

LOL, they are a different breed at the 966th. Especially weapons officers.

Quick Reply: Uptight snooty ass s2k owners....