Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Chaz's(H22toF20's) build thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I gather, the Dynojets give higher readings: my baseline pull at PSI before I got stupid.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nv_blitz
When your NA it's not about peak HP numbers. It's about getting a nice power curve that's usable.
I know this.

I've come to the conclusion that my engine breaths to well for the OEM computer to compensate for. I've actually saw a dyno of a guy loosing power with a reputable header due to this.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 PM

The Fedex guy gave me this earlier today

This should help with my oversteer and rubbing issues!

I have 4 days off in a row next week. The first day I'll be at a family reunion, the next day I plan on installing the EMS finally. Then I have to learn the software/street tune.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 PM

oh sweet pick up! i want these too, are these the adjustable version? good choice for non stagg setup
Old 08-05-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by s2sik
oh sweet pick up! i want these too, are these the adjustable version? good choice for non stagg setup
Thanks. Do they even make a non-adjustable version? It's going to be a serious street tire set-up It already takes corners faster than I want to on the street.

I just looked at the instructions for the first time. The car in the pictures is using the same coilovers as me lol. I wonder if it was Maxrev's car in the pictures. I know he tested the coilovers and the sway bars. His reviews are what made me go this route.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:13 PM

going to be awesome i must be mistaken then, i thought they had made an original version that was non adjustable and then the recent version was the adjustable, but maybe that was a different brand, nonetheless great job so far. i use to have the 4 point t1r strut bar setup, i didnt think it did much since i added it the same time i did all my other suspension upgrades, but when i swapped it out for my spoon bar to match my theme, it was a big difference, you should look into one, or a similar brand but in that style. it would compliment very nicely with the setup you got going.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by s2sik
going to be awesome i must be mistaken then, i thought they had made an original version that was non adjustable and then the recent version was the adjustable, but maybe that was a different brand, nonetheless great job so far. i use to have the 4 point t1r strut bar setup, i didnt think it did much since i added it the same time i did all my other suspension upgrades, but when i swapped it out for my spoon bar to match my theme, it was a big difference, you should look into one, or a similar brand but in that style. it would compliment very nicely with the setup you got going.
In time I'll get some strut bars but I have other things I want/need to buy first. When I get some, they'll be solid one-piece construction.

Winter beater(can't put this off any longer)
hardtop(really shouldn't put this off any longer as well)
front lip, side diffusers, rear diffuser, exhaust cap

I drove up HWY 47 today(it's right outside of Clatskanie). All I have to say is, this set-up is scary. It's not really the suspensions fault but rather the horrible roads. I can't fully stretch her legs until I get her on a track
Old 08-17-2011, 04:46 PM

Well after a lot of work, the AEM EMS is in and running. A lot of stuff had to be change just to get the motor to fire over, then even more to get it to even idle. While I was dealing with that, I noticed some compensations tables that had no values in them(no joke). Anyways, she idles perfectly at 900 RPM's, around stoich now. The low load A/F is dialed in good and the mid A/F loads are dialed in decent. I'll hit it up harder tomorrow before work. I've already made good progress considering all of the BS I had to fix and how rich the map is. Plus I'm trying to look at logs in an s2k; not fun.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by H22toF20
Well after a lot of work, the AEM EMS is in and running. A lot of stuff had to be change just to get the motor to fire over, then even more to get it to even idle. While I was dealing with that, I noticed some compensations tables that had no values in them(no joke). Anyways, she idles perfectly at 900 RPM's, around stoich now. The low load A/F is dialed in good and the mid A/F loads are dialed in decent. I'll hit it up harder tomorrow before work. I've already made good progress considering all of the BS I had to fix and how rich the map is. Plus I'm trying to look at logs in an s2k; not fun.

Nice work

That's a whole world that I don't understand quite yet
Old 08-18-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by spapdx
Originally Posted by H22toF20' timestamp='1313628389' post='20888652

Nice work

That's a whole world that I don't understand quite yet
Thanks. I've used S300 before but it doesn't even compare to the AEM EMS. I'm still kind of learning as I go. S300 is so much easier to tune.

To give you an idea on how rich the maps were. I've taken out over 25% fuel during WOT(non-vtec).

Quick Reply: Chaz's(H22toF20's) build thread